Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you keep the standard stick or Would you buy the auto with the paddle shifters? Why?:5go:

·
Registered
64 Posts
in a car like this,in MY VIEW, would never have the "slush box!"!..part of the fun in having the car is driving the "stick!"..i don't care "two s**ts" about the so called "paddle shifters"..it's NOT the same as a good 6 speed!..just sayin!

·
Registered
27 Posts
paddle shifters

Tne manual has no delay the paddle shifter have a delay in every car that I have driven. For a family car the paddle shifters are fine, But for a camaro I will take a manual every time.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
on a V8...For a daily driver or car that was going to see the track often, I would get an auto...and get a tune to make it perform the way it should. On a V6, I think I'd just get an M6.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do you want to drive the car? Then get the manual transmission
Do you want the car to drive you? Then get the auto trans.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My two cents on this thread is to get what you want. Why put down others if they choose a LS3 or L99? A Camaro is a Camaro. I opted for the L99 for the fact that I did not want to get tickets. lol :lol: One other factor was that I have a problem with my left leg and back. Not everyone can get the LS3 for reasons that are unknown to others.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No crap I know the RS has nothing to do with performance. I was wondering if the V6 has a speed limiter at 118mph.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Im a manual guy, but after a Tampa Tune, the A6s are very nice!

and because you can set up one pattern for normal driving, and one for the paddle shifters, it is kind of fun.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The RS package in the v6, either 1LT or 2LT, offers up the 20" rims and Z-rated Pirelli P-Zero tires, and thus, the 155 mph limiter. So, in a sense, in the v6 world, the RS package does offer some "performance".

If you get the v6, one distinct advantage of going with the m6 is you get a larger rear end and LSD. The rear is the same as the SS, and so you get gear changes options as well.

With the a6, you get a smaller rear end, and no LSD. The upside, if you get it tuned, Trifecta can tune the tranny as well, making for some seriously fun shifting by the "slush box". Also, the auto car will be more consistent at the drag strip, for most people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im a manual guy, but after a Tampa Tune, the A6s are very nice!

and because you can set up one pattern for normal driving, and one for the paddle shifters, it is kind of fun.:thumbsup:
:agree: It is almost a 3rd option: manual, auto or auto w/ a tune. A tune to the L99 and the transmission makes a major improvement. The L99 has better torque at lower RPMs and it geared with a lower axle. The car drives completely different with the cylinder deactivation turned off and when the transmission is programed with 2 different shift parameters (normal & sport).

This can't be done with done with a hand-held. You will need a "professional " to accomplish this. "You've just taken your first steps into a larger world"- Obi-Wan Kenobi
obi-wan.jpg

Tampa Tuning, thanks for the invite to come over from the other site

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a 2SS/RS with Auto - I love a stick as much as anyone, but driving around Washington DC is more often than not a very slow and agonizing experience. My interest level in riding the clutch for an hour each way back and forth to work is pretty low. When I move somewhere "normal" I'll go back to a stick, in the meantime Auto is the only way to go for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts