Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this to the Focus Group Member I know real well. Its to my understanding the goal for the Camaro is 80k units per year. With the first year not meeting that goal due to getting in the groove with actual production. My question is the 80k goal, does that include exports? and if so how many units are intended for export?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
All the ones that they don't sell in Canada are exports. :D

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the article quote I'm referencing

Worse, we hear one executive hates the Camaro so much that he'll sign its death warrant after the first year if the car fails to sell 80,000 units (essentially, the car's break-even number).

At any rate Selena has no clue as to the answer. Maybe this is top secret for now.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
:lol:

But seriously, why wasn't this car set up to be built in Los Angeles? :patriot: It should have been.
IMO - they have TRUCK plants closing. We are having a heck of a time getting Malibu's, Impala's, Cobalts and the boated in Aveo's.....Why not use some idle'd workforce and get the cars out? I hope the capacity concern gets addressed soon... :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
80K..with the way the economy is going I would not be surprised if it does not hit 80K

·
Registered
24 Posts
From my understanding 80-100k is GM's goal. However it will not be discontinued if 2009 sales are under 80k. Chevrolet has spent a significant amount of time and money producing this 21st century sports car and they will not discontinue it just because it does not reach it's first year sales goal.

The economy is certainly a concern but if they can get enough people in the showroom I do not think sales will be a problem. Especially with a 300hp V6!

·
Registered
199 Posts
there is a lot of head wind against GM to sell 80k units. the economy better turn around a bit - especially gas prices. 23 mpg is ok for a V8 - but I dont care how much people want a V8, they will think twice at $4/gal. The V6 surely out sell the V8 3 or 4 to 1. I will start another thread on my idea of what GM should do with the holden coupe 60...

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now with the intro to Australia I'm sure the camaro is going to be on their market too. It makes me wonder with GM and this Global sales how many countries will get Camaro. Again my original question is, How many are intended for export not how many do they intend to build.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you asking out of the cars being built at the start of production how many will be exported? Or what are the overall future plans for exports?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm getting the V8 I drive a 2003 Tahoe that gets 19 mpg so if I can get 23 mpg with the Camaro I'm doing better not to mention how much more fun I would have out of the car

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm getting the V8 I drive a 2003 Tahoe that gets 19 mpg so if I can get 23 mpg with the Camaro I'm doing better not to mention how much more fun I would have out of the car
How do you get 19? :confused: My 03 Tahoe never gets any better than 16mpg!:mad:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Guess I should look into the wifes driving habits:BangHead:.........um........I mean...........see if it needs any maintenance or adjustments.:lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
To be fair though, its my dad's truck and he drives reallllly ... realllllllllly.... slllllllllloooowwwlly. Whenever anyone else drives it, they also drive it carefully because it's his baby. When I drove it, I kept imagining crashing it and then having to flee the country to escape his wrath :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
So I got a Tahoe that gets 16 on a good day and a Charger that is getting almost 16 everyday (I broke the MDS:BangHead:) so moving into a "hotrod" getting 23 on the highway will be just like a pay raise for me!!!:lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts