Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I swear Im going to burn this thing to the ground if I don't figure this one out. Anyway, car has been having problems starting as it has sat up for a lil while, but not too long. Maybe a month or so. I changed the radiator out and on the way home it just cuts off in the middle of the road. After trying for about 10 minutes, she finally started back up. Drove home, then she cut off again in the drive way, 5 minutes, I get it started again. I parked it, let run for a while..no problems. Shut her down, an she hasnt started since. All it does is turn over, the spark plugs were changed not too long ago as well as an upgrade to an ACCEL optispark (because i know thats what ur gonna say..the optispark..Im not convinced) I am curious though will a bad coil lead to the car just turning over and not firing? I've checked plugs, wires, grounds..so on and so forth..throw me a bone bowtie buddies im dying here

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Accel is junk

I know from personal experience that Accel stuff is JUNK. Get rid of it and I will bet your car will start. Let me know.
WA4SJS

·
Registered
98 Posts
Coils like hardly never go out. I bet its a defective opti-spark. My 96 Impala SS is in the shop right this minute waiting on verification of the exact thing. I took it up to bout 180 and it just stopped running, thought I blew it up but no spark when I tried to restart, had to tow.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Do you have spark at the plugs? Do you have fuel pressure?:bowtie_gold:

·
Registered
21 Posts
any check engine lights on... if not, check the codes anyway... there maybe one in there....go to autozone, its free.... when I had my car parked for a few months.. I had to change the MAF sensor... but that was in a Mustang... check ignition coil, MAF Sensor, battery, alternator, sound electrical in nature... good luck... ignition coil might do da trick

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow

dude ignore all the guess work...do you have spark?fuel pressure? always stick to the basics.no spark then you may have a crank sensor issue witch is in the optispark assy,or you may just have a bad fuel pump relay you need to find out whats not there.take it from a master tech thats been there thousand times:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
dude ignore all the guess work...do you have spark?fuel pressure? always stick to the basics.no spark then you may have a crank sensor issue witch is in the optispark assy,or you may just have a bad fuel pump relay you need to find out whats not there.take it from a master tech thats been there thousand times:thumbsup:

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something nobody suggested, including the "Master Tech", check fuses, check that you have battery voltage at the coil and your injectors. Do you have a ground pulse to the coil and injectors. You need to know exactly what you are lacking before you know where to start looking for the source of the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts