Modern Camaro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
looking for any info bout a lt4, where i might be able to find one, price, mileage. not really looking to buy at the moment just trying to get a rough idea for a future swap or buy.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well by the time i was to go buy the intake and set of lt4 heads i would have over 4000 in both and when i said swap i mean im going from 3.4 to 5.7 i could easily spend 20000 in building a new motor but i was really hoping i be able to find an a whole lt4 cause right now i dont even have an lt1 one to start with

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
looking for any info bout a lt4, where i might be able to find one, price, mileage. not really looking to buy at the moment just trying to get a rough idea for a future swap or buy.
You are looking for a 1 of 100 car there. Very nice find if you can snatch one up :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
summit racing has a lt-4 intake that costs about 2000 that will fit on the lt-1 that guarrentee's 400 hp
Man you are so wayyy off on this its hillarious...

First of all that is an LT1 conversion package, not just an intake. If you did have just an LT4 intake it doesn't fit LT1 heads w/o modification, and it sure wouldn't make 400hp.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
everyone has an ls1 an lt4 came in a 97ss 97 firehawk and 96 vette including grand sports and only w a six speed tranny so it a 1 in about 6500 motor find or a 1 in 129 f-body find still vary rare though and sorry NviouSS i need to start paying attention thanks for correcting my mistake

·
Registered
101 Posts
I read this a while back but I could be wrong, I know that it was a conversion and I am sure that it did say 400 hp
You are correct (to an extent) You DID read about it in Chevy High Performance. MORE Performance (i think they closed shop now) did an LT1 Engine and then added the LT4 Conversion package (i.e. heads, intakes, HOT Cam, rockers etc..) they (MORE Performance) then tuned the motor and got 425hp out of the conversion. They used Speed Density instead of MAF. And the motor also used Long tubes.

Keep in mind an LT4 intake does NOT bolt directly to LT1 heads and vice versa for LT1 intake to LT4 heads. I am SURE you CAN get it to work, but probably way to much trouble.

You can get the same type and even better now with other combos out there. Using your LT1 intake and LT1 heads. I won't mention anyone in particular out of respect for this sites sponsors. (I am new and I have no idea who they are at the moment of this post.)

Made a correction. The Mag was Chevy High Performance NOT GM High Tech. Sorry. I JUST noticed I wrote that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The conversion can easily get 360+rwhp if done right. Mid or long tubes into a good catback and someone that knows tuning. Its really a very nice, mild package that works well together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.