·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Too good to be true.

Ok what's the deal? Somebody omit a digit from the asking price?

That asking price wouldn't come close to covering just the long block components and exhaust.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I hope you're being sarcastic. You know that's a scam right?

A "427" would be an LS7. The LS7 itself would be worth 5-6x their "asking price." Furthermore, that's a stock intake. FAST intakes are aluminum colored. The wheels don't look 18/18 to me. It looks like an 18/19 combo.

If its not a SCAM then someone misplaced a decimal....I think I saw this car for sale on LS1tech.

Finally, there's a reason that he insists on e-mail.

Edit: Oh, LOL and I've never heard of a Trans Am that had rear A/C.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How you know its a scam? I contacted the guy, did not get back to me yet, but I had to find out for myself. I was thinking it might be a scam but if it is not what a steal. If it is for real just wanted to get it out there. I know it sounds too good to be true, but sometimes people are desperate.. Last week if I would have had $5000 could have had 98 Twin Turbo 6spd Supra with 60000 miles on it -I contacted the guy saw the car, it was for real. I get great deals on the cars I buy so I know they are out there. I do not know if this car is for real but if it is like I said what a steal.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I came really close last week to selling my imports but the Supra sold within 3 hours of being for sale. I knew it would not last long. I know alot of people got no respect for imports but I got 2 nice imports. Have never seen another like mine. Love all my cars they are ALL my babies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GOOD LOOKING!!! I am seriously BLIND so little details are hard for me to see & I was just so excited about the car. I guess it was too good to be TRUE> ****!!!! Good deals are out there though. just not this one!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you're being sarcastic. You know that's a scam right?

A "427" would be an LS7. The LS7 itself would be worth 5-6x their "asking price." Furthermore, that's a stock intake. FAST intakes are aluminum colored. The wheels don't look 18/18 to me. It looks like an 18/19 combo.

If its not a SCAM then someone misplaced a decimal....I think I saw this car for sale on LS1tech.

Finally, there's a reason that he insists on e-mail.

Edit: Oh, LOL and I've never heard of a Trans Am that had rear A/C.
LOL> you tore that up. Good looking. It is definitely a SCAM. I was just too excited about the car to see. Rear A/C is funny. the things people say. Now I feel like a *** for even listing it. Got me all excited. Blue is my favorite color and I am weak for F-Bodies especially with anything BIGGER then a 400. I can't wait to blow my GTA's 305TPI to get something BIGGER. I am actually looking forward to the day. We just bought the car & I have not driven it yet. My husband wants to have some fun with it before he gives it to me. Not that I suck at driving I am just going to have one goal & that is to BLOW it UP. LOL. Thanks for the reality check. I appreciate it. Happy Holidays. Shenna

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
On another note, I saw the title and clicked on it feeling pissed that I'm now 2,000 miles from Philly. :( So, I'm glad it was a scam. I feel better now. Sorry, please continue...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello to all. I know we thought this was a scam & it still might be. the guy emailed me here is what he had to say.

Hello Shenna,
I must apologize for the delay in response, but I'm literally
overwhelmed by the number of offers.
I have recently relocated to Bari, Italy for business.
The car is here as well. I can and will arrange transportation to US
for FREE at your home address and full insurance during shipping!!!
You probably ask why is FREE SHIPPING, I'm an construction designer and for the moment my company
has start few projects in Italy and i was forced to move here for few years.
My company i work for offers to the employers free transport for the car
or pays for renting a car, so the shipping will be free.
Also maybe you wonder why I'm not selling here the car
but since it's a US registered vehicle, will cost me a fortune to
register here so i decided to sell it back in US.
Genuine reason for sale: I can't use the car here or sell it here due to the fact
that the car meets US standards, i can use it here only for 30 days.
I realize that the price is a little low but if I will try to sell it
locally it will cost me a fortune to register and nobody will buy it.
Due to amount involved, I only accept the buyer & seller protection program
offered Cars.com (the same company i used to post the car for sale, e-mail me back
for more info).
The car is in a excellent condition, clear title, the engine is
immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. No accidents or other damages.
Only 74,200 miles, About economy, City 22 MPG / Highway 28 MPG
I am willing to let the car go for $3,200.00
Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with
further details regarding the transaction.
I have my US cell phone with me so if
you want to call me, you can find me at # 646-530-8770
More photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/paysonmcnett/1999PontiacFirebirdTransAm
Thank You,
Payson

Our Passion is Building®

Payson Mcnett
Senior Project Manager

CHC Chrystal Harp Construction, INC
Via Venezia 1
Bari, BA 70127
Italy

Phone: 646-530-8770
[email protected]

What you think?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
No telling what is up with the car but if I could see it in person and see the title that matches the vin thats all that matters to me. Even if it was a stock LS1 car it is worth 3200.

I have to disagree Dev that looks like a smoothed and painted FAST intake to me. Its not as smooth as any of the other LS intakes. Notice how the runners extend past each other on the opposite sides giving it kind of an M shape looking head on directly. Even the LS7 intake all the runners have the same shape and look like a smooth hump head on. Only the LSx does that. Looks smoothed and painted. To me its definately a FAST looking at the pics as well as the Throttlebody.

Is that website a legit selling site? If they are legit and they offer protection I'd snatch it in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
To me, it sounds even more like a scam now.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
No telling what is up with the car but if I could see it in person and see the title that matches the vin thats all that matters to me. Even if it was a stock LS1 car it is worth 3200.

I have to disagree Dev that looks like a smoothed and painted FAST intake to me. Its not as smooth as any of the other LS intakes. Notice how the runners extend past each other on the opposite sides giving it kind of an M shape looking head on directly. Even the LS7 intake all the runners have the same shape and look like a smooth hump head on. Only the LSx does that. Looks smoothed and painted. To me its definately a FAST looking at the pics as well as the Throttlebody.

Is that website a legit selling site? If they are legit and they offer protection I'd snatch it in a heartbeat.
Looks like the stock composite to me. Hey...I mean it's a deal right? $3200 for a WS-6? Other than the fact it's a Texas car, with an Ad from Virginia, and a guy who's in Italy, and HE'S willing to pay insurance and shipping FROM Italy...All for the low low price of $3200. Go for it...Nothing fishy there!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also think the car is definitely a scam. I just thought it was funny to post what he emailed me. If it was for real there is NO WAY that after all this time the car is still available, unless it is for real & everybody thinks it is a scam - Highly unlikely. I have no intentions of buying this car my next purchase is to replace my newly departed Talon with a 90/91 Talon TSI. Thanks for the details about the engine bay.
The site the car was listed on www.cars.com is a legitimate site. I do not know if they offer a buyers guarentee, but I know it is for real. When you list a car in my local paper they also post it on cars.com. It is my understanding that www.cars.com is a compiled list of all the papers classified cars for sale. It is country wide. I have personally purchased some cars off the site with no problems. Anybody can post a car for sale on it, cost maybe $30 - $40.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I think that does look like sanded and painted a fast intake too.:)

Fast intake- notice square runners and egr port and TB bolts (5) also fast TB bolts are not threaded so you have to have a nut on the back

His intake- notice square runners and egr port and TB bolts (5) notice nuts on back of TB bolts

LS7 intake- notice square runners, but no egr port and TB bolts (4)

LS2 intake- notice round runners and no egr port and 4 TB bolts

LS1/LS6 intake- notice round runners, it does have egr on early LS1, 3 TB bolts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts