Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 1800 miles the A/C began making a clicking noise when cycling which would get louder towards end of cycle. At 2400 miles the clicking had worsened and I would get an interior vibration during A/C cycling. A friend who is a certified technician listened to it and believed it to be a bad compressor (possibly a bearing) or a bad pulley. Took to dealership and they replaced the A/C compressor and the belt (they stated they had tough time removing compressor due to an over-torqued stud bolt, they had to contact GM for assistance on how to get it off). A/C still making the clicking noise and now there is a "cricket" or "whining" noise when accelerating along with a very loud click at end of A/C cycle. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have suggestions? Dealership said "we replaced everything you shouldn't be having a problem". Frustrated. I drove a 2010 Camaro until trading it for this 2013 model and never had issues like this with the 2010. Thanks for any assistance or insight you guys can offer.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't see any bulletins or information of common problems... my advice, would be to take the service manager for a ride and show him the noise and show him it is not a normal noise so they can contact GM technical assistance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
At 1800 miles the A/C began making a clicking noise when cycling which would get louder towards end of cycle. At 2400 miles the clicking had worsened and I would get an interior vibration during A/C cycling. A friend who is a certified technician listened to it and believed it to be a bad compressor (possibly a bearing) or a bad pulley. Took to dealership and they replaced the A/C compressor and the belt (they stated they had tough time removing compressor due to an over-torqued stud bolt, they had to contact GM for assistance on how to get it off). A/C still making the clicking noise and now there is a "cricket" or "whining" noise when accelerating along with a very loud click at end of A/C cycle. Has anyone experienced anything like this or have suggestions? Dealership said "we replaced everything you shouldn't be having a problem". Frustrated. I drove a 2010 Camaro until trading it for this 2013 model and never had issues like this with the 2010. Thanks for any assistance or insight you guys can offer.
t.ezell,

I apologize greatly for the A/C issues you've experienced with your Camaro and I certainly understand any displeasure caused by it. You are more than welcome to contact us privately for additional assistance with investigating these matters. While we're unable to guarantee anything, I'd be more than willing to exhaust my options in an effort to assist.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the reply. We have an appointment with the dealership in the morning and I have sent a private message to Chevrolet Customer Svc as well. I will post the outcome in case other members come across a situation similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t.ezell,

I apologize greatly for the A/C issues you've experienced with your Camaro and I certainly understand any displeasure caused by it. You are more than welcome to contact us privately for additional assistance with investigating these matters. While we're unable to guarantee anything, I'd be more than willing to exhaust my options in an effort to assist.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William, I sent you a private message on another forum where I posted the same situation. I appreciate your willingness to provide assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was reading all above and in my case the AC works well, but some times without reason stop working and the only thing I can think of, is that I have noted that there is an "snow warning" on the dashboard, which in meddle east is very funny!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts