Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my thoughts will all of you here on the interweb :)

I wrote a summarized version for those of you with short attention spans, but I do encourage everyone to read the longer one (it's not a novel, I promise!)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Summary Version:

As a member of the 5th generation Camaro’s disciples, I thought I would share with you, my own personal reflection of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. I am tremendously honored to be a part of this team, and I hope we serve our gear head brethren well. When I think of the word, “Camaro,” I think of the multitude of lives impacted by this legendary machine. There is an undying passion for this car very few objects in history have ever attained.

The experience of driving the Camaro prototypes is like none other. . Getting behind the wheel of the 5th generation Camaro made me feel like I had a renewed sense of liberation and confidence, all while maintaining that “old shoe” familiarity. Operating the vehicle is like entering another level of heaven. The speed, unusually ample stability, and overall technology put into this car make you wonder if it will sprout wings, gain lift, and maybe some missile launchers.

The over six years of emptiness questioned the faith of many Camaro fans, but our mechanical messiah will resurrect, and restore order in the world of domestic muscle.

Original Version:

As a member of the 5th generation Camaro’s disciples, I thought I would share with you, my own personal reflection of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. I am tremendously honored to be a part of this team, and I hope we serve our gear head brethren well.

I think of the legacy of this vehicle everyday, and all of the lives this car influenced over its lifespan. I think of father’s sharing a bond with their sons (and sometimes daughters), sharing their knowledge, and passing on traditions as they lean over the engine bay. I think of adolescents gaining their right of passage. I think of every old man and woman who smiles every time they see a Camaro or Firebird, enchanted with memories they once had in that same muscle car long ago. I think of every race enthusiast, who puts these cars to the test every weekend at the racetracks. I think of every head that turns when an f-body rolls into the parking lot. The undying passion of the f-body lives in the heart and soul of almost every red-blooded American, and even millions abroad. This same passion roared in the ears of the GM team, and the return of the legend was imminent. Very few objects in history have ever created the emotion and almost religious following as these cars have, and my eyes tear up whenever I soak it all in.

The experience of driving the Camaro prototypes is like none other. They handle better than any other vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of piloting. I have always said that my own 1998 Z28 Camaro was a symbol of my identity, and to me, the upcoming Camaro is definitely an extension of that identity. My own Camaro is symbolic of the endurance I exuded over the years – through thick and thin, my car was (and still is) one of the very few things I could ever count on. Getting behind the wheel of the 5th generation Camaro made me feel like I achieved a hallmark in life, that ultimate goal – much like graduating college, or getting your first home… all of your hard work pays off to something grand. This car opens your eyes, you are liberated from everything you knew as concrete. Though this car has a much different personality than its predecessors, it feels quite familiar. Upon entering the vehicle and sitting in the driver’s seat, you feel the same excitement and anticipation as earlier generation f-bodies have done to many automotive fanatics over the decades. This time, however, those emotions evolved into a new being, creating an overpowering sense of confidence and rejuvenation in a timeless vessel.

Operating the vehicle is like entering another level of heaven. The speed, unusually ample stability, and overall technology put into this car make you wonder if it will sprout wings, gain lift, and maybe some missile launchers. Over six years later, we all kept our faith, and our mechanical messiah will be resurrected – a true phoenix rising from the ashes, assuring that we are not abandoned, and re-establishing everything we once knew in an exponential manner.

I am boiling with excitement upon the return of the Camaro. I will gain a new satisfaction in life when I see these vehicles on the road, in the possession of old-school die-hards, as well as the new generation of enthusiasts. To be quite honest, the valued involvement I have in this car has not completely sunk in yet, and probably won’t until they hit the showrooms. The impact I and the other disciples have on the future of automotive performance will never be outshined, and we are eternally grateful for the opportunity. To be one of the few voices representing millions of muscle car gurus is an indescribable feeling, and you should always know that the 5th Generation Camaro Team is listening, and it will undoubtedly reflect in the finished product. You have my word.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am so excited to see them on the road also! Very exciting to read about you all getting to drive them! Must have felt like a dream the next day. It has been so hard to wait all this time but with the team of Camaro lovers that designed and put this thing together literally from the ground up I know that I won't be disappointed. I won't even ask any specifics as I already know they can't be answered yet. I will save my questions for Indy.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thank you for summing up the feeling that most of us have had and still do have for this car. To this day getting behind the wheel of a camaro gives me that little knot deep down, untill i hear the engine roar to life, the rumble of the exhust, and my foor hits the gas then it all goes away. As i have said before thank you to all of you for allowing our voice to be heard and for all that you have done to help make it the car of or dream once again.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have always said that my own 1998 Z28 Camaro was a symbol of my identity, and to me, the upcoming Camaro is definitely an extension of that identity. My own Camaro is symbolic of the endurance I exuded over the years – through thick and thin, my car was (and still is) one of the very few things I could ever count on.
I know what you mean. After almost nine years, I lost my '99 Firebird in an accident a few months back. After that, I was forced to get a replacement that only the insurance check would cover. Mostly due to the fact that I wanted to keep all of my savings for the Camaro. Ever since the new (used) car, I just havn't fealt the same when driving. It doesn't really feel like my car, but I just keep reminding myself why I'm driving this one now. Anyways, thanks for the personal review on the Camaro.

Sean

·
Registered
18 Posts
I, too, share similar feelings regarding my Camaro being an extention of me. My wife asked me when I bought this car, why I didn't even look at the 'Vettes. She knew, without me saying, that we couldn't afford one, but why I didn't even look. I told her because, in my case, it was too refined, and that I felt like a lot of Camaro's qualities reflected mine also.

Thank you for sharing your observations and feelings.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
That's funny. When I was looking around a few years ago for a car, my main focus was Autocrossing, and several people Autocross Vettes, but there aren't that many Camaros. So I decided on the C4 Vette to get. But I've always felt like I would have enjoyed a nice Gen 4 Camaro SS better (and definitely could have used the back seat for my kids). I've felt like a fish out of water. And now I feel like I've found my ocean. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
What an absolutely great post! getting in a Camaro and starting it up, there's nothing like it. Getting to drive that 5Gen must have been some rush! Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
What a great website, with GREAT PEOPLE! This is awesome being so close to the build of this car - unlike any car before it in the Chevy history (that I know of!)

Reminds me of the younger years, seeing that box under the Christmas tree.....and waiting....waiting.....waiting....to see just how cool what was underneath the wrapping paper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.