Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 year old daughter wanted to start making custom cakes. She loves art and has fun with it. Of course I have to do most of the work, but she will learn:). Working with fondant can be a pita, but I think I got it about fiqured out now. The one we made today turned out best of them all.

Here is the very first one we made:

Here is the second:

Here is the one we made today and this is the first one sold to a customer:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Wow, that's different! How do they taste?

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's different! How do they taste?
Oh they taste just like regular cake becuase the actual cake part inside is just the cake mix you get from the store. You just choose which flavor you want. I think these are pillsbury. The fondant goes on top of that. You can eat the fondant. Its kinda chewy and kinda taste like gum or something.

Here is a cutout of chocolate on chocolate:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Looks good, my wife does cakes for a supermarket and she agrees the fondant is a pain.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
mmmm. looks good. did you use a filling?

·
8,984 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They look very nice. There is a talent there for cakes. :thumbsup:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a great Dad! And talented too...I'm pretty impressed. I hope your daughter know how lucky she is.
I hope she does. She's my only child and spoiled:D. I try to teach her some kind of leason with each thing we do tegether. So at least she is learning something each time we do something. I call her a girly tomboy. She likes riding her go kart, but while she is riding it she pulls over to pick wildflowers:lol: . She likes to build model rockets with me too, but she paints them pink.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
there are reciepes online for fondant that uses marshmellow and it actually tastes really good. maybe do some digging and see if you can find anything that might taste better then the regular fondant

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
She likes riding her go kart, but while she is riding it she pulls over to pick wildflowers:lol: . She likes to build model rockets with me too, but she paints them pink.
Girls can get away with all that. Now, if it were a boy, I would be terribly worried.... :lol:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there are reciepes online for fondant that uses marshmellow and it actually tastes really good. maybe do some digging and see if you can find anything that might taste better then the regular fondant
:thumbsup:
I will probley check it out when I get some more experience with the fondant. The fondant is expensive too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts