Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...........you know, -- as we live life each day, we get caught up in all the details and stuff that stares you in the face........and, at least to this 'ole codger' -- life is becoming more and more stressful and there seems to be less hours in a day in which to accomplish that which me must -- and want -- to do.

Thus, it's very easy to 'forget' to sometimes recognize those who do so much for us. (in this case, 'us' is you and me....)

Our good friend, Octane - (aka Tim ) has spent countless hours bringing us this fine website. I'm just not sure that we all understand not only the time committent --but the MONETARY committment -- and, frankly, the frustration and heartbreak that something like this site can potentially bring. No mistake about it, he should be very very proud of what he's created.....but there ARE, now and then, downsides.

I met "Octane" several years ago - and we started to IM each other.

What REALLY showed me the maturity -- and frankly -- what a good person he truly is -- was an occurance at the National Corvette Museum a few years back.

I won't go into detail -- I'll let him share with you if he deems it appropriate -- but suffice to say that he had some ......er.......uhmmm.........INFORMATION that was, if I were to say 'sensitive' -- I'd be accused of a gross understatement.

He could have 'sold' this information -- he could have freely 'shared' this information -- but he didn't. Rather, we talked about it and he agreed to keep it quiet. You see, he could recognize what the downside is of putting information out there that SHOULD NOT be put out there before its time.........

This, to me shows TRUE character.

In a world that suddenly honors the likes of Paris Hilton and Jerry Springer -- I find great character harder and harder to find.

.........and so I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Our good friend "Octane" is first class.........

...........top shelf........

.....................the main man.............

.............................NUMERO UNO...................

And I thank him for all he's done for me -- the Camaro Enthusiast community, and GM!

(.....and he gave us LOTS of insights as he serves as one of the "12 disciples of which there are 15")

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have nothing bad to say about octane or anyone else on this site but I understand what you're sayin Ol Codger(j/k);):lol:..err...I mean Fbod:lol:

yeah I get caught up in work and bills and ish normal adult ish.but everyone has their own way of dealing with life and all

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definite kudos to Tim - a totally class guy!!
I know the information that he sat on for so long, and I have no doubt that it was a real challenge for him to keep it to himself for that length of time.
Most interesting was the look on the face of a particular "team member" in Milford this past May when that "team member" was informed of what "information" Tim had in his possession! :eek:

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thank you for sharing that info. about Tim. He truly does seem to have spirit and character, as well as the knowledge to back up what he is so passionate about.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tim has done a "outstanding job" with this site, and this is the only site that I'm a member of. :thumbsup:

It reads like Tim had full control of the information he had OPSEC. :patriot:

PS: Tim, when is the General going to build the Z28? :eek: I know just BSing you. :lol:

SF
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Tim is a great person for what he has done with these boards. His contributions to all of us, the fans of our beloved Camaros, will continue to shine through in his dedication to maintaining this fine forum.

Scott, thanks for bringing that to our attention. :cool:

Tim, thanks for all you've done, buddy.:patriot:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Tim I'd just like to say thank you for building such a wonderful site,because of you I now have a Life(JUST KIDDING):lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Kudos Tim!:D IMO, this is the only true 5th Gen Camaro site.

Rule of thumb: Don't ever tell classified info to me...
EVER.
I won't even be classified for two minutes. Everyone would know :lol:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I have had quite a few chances to talk with Tim, for a short while in person when he had his Camaro at the GM Tech Center for a show last summer.

First class for sure. I'm glad to be able to work with him on projects and hope to do so more in the future :cool:

:5go:

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Sorry, I do not know Tim (yet), I have only been a member of this Site for a very short while...though, all the kudos for him I just read DOES make me think about a line from the movie "Something About Mary"...how does it go? ..."<something> <someone's> hairy bean bag"... :eek: :lol: :rotflmao: :D ;)

P.S. Where is the dang spell-checker on this WebSite...am I really supposed to know how to spell and type? :screwy:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
no doubt about it, Tim has the best 5th gen site around... and he's a first class guy. nice of Scott to give kudos ;)

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Boohah. Tim is the man.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Wow. :eek:
I don't deserve this kind of attention, you guys are all embarrassing me lol :eek:

Please don't forget our buddy Chris (Chris96WS6) who was the original founder of 5thGen.org! :)

Scott, thanks so much for all you've done too for the Camaro enthusiast community, and greater than that - for being a good friend!

And to the rest of you - I don't know what else to say except THANK YOU!

The fact that I have formed new friendships through this site, and has brought together enthusiasts from all corners of the globe means more to me than anything else, and because of that I feel truly blessed!
It has truly been my pleasure to host this site for you, the enthusiast community. :thumbsup:

Now, a little about that "INFORMATION" Scott referred to.....

In August 2005, I acquired a copy of a ~95% accurate drawing of the Camaro concept car.
It was 5 months before the car was to be unveiled, so I knew it was top secret.
So I immediately LOCKED IT inside a lockbox.

Ok on to the F-Body Reunion at the National Corvette Museum in September 2005....
Still 4 months before the Camaro concept's debut... the lockbox had not yet been opened.
I took the lockbox with me to this F-Body event, and kept it hidden under the front passenger floormat!
I was seriously borderline paranoid about even having it there LOL.

So anyway, once at the event I said to Scott: "hey I got somethin in my car you should see!"
Once at the car, I dug out the lockbox and handed Scott the key - he was the first to open it!
Well, you can imagine the reaction LOL.

So now you know "The Story of the Lockbox" :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts