Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The advertisement for GM that played during the Olympic's included another amazing Chevy Silverado. Not told fully in the ad is a truly awesome story about how New York firefighter Craig Monahan's truck survived the collapse of the World Trade center. A summary can be found here on autoblog. The full story, as told here, by a friend of the owner, recounts the truck's survival through the collapses and further service as a method of transportation (as well as inspiration) for firefighters involved in the rescue efforts.

This was the quote that got me: "When he reached into the singed interior and turned the ignition key, [he said] that it served as an inspiration; "If that truck could keep going, then we could all keep going." :patriot:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
It's impressive how any vehicle could pull that off.........even more impressive, it was from the General's stable!:patriot:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I saw that ad...it's great. Try that on for size toyota.:patriot:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They sort of have. Top Gear did this whole 2 part special on the Toyota Hilux, and it did survive a building collapse.
The point was that NY city suffered a terrorist attack, and the American truck provided inspiration to the survivors. I am surprised that toyota hasn't tried to use patriotism for my country as a part of their ad campaigns...oh wait, they sorta have...see the turdra commercial with the father and son. Lame toyota, very lame.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
The point was that NY city suffered a terrorist attack, and the American truck provided inspiration to the survivors. I am surprised that toyota hasn't tried to use patriotism for my country as a part of their ad campaigns...oh wait, they sorta have...see the turdra commercial with the father and son. Lame toyota, very lame.
why do you hate toyota?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I heard about this on the local radio station today. they were giving props to chevy for it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
the ad was good, GM is pimping the heck out of the Olympics, and they are even talking about the VOLT and showing it to spark and keep intrest in it.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I am surprised that toyota hasn't tried to use patriotism for my country as a part of their ad campaigns...oh wait, they sorta have...see the turdra commercial with the father and son. Lame toyota, very lame.
Yes..yes they have..very sad that people are eating it up to...very sad..

what gets me is the guys who put american flag stickers on thier trucks..yet the company is not from the U.S....

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
why do you hate toyota?
If the american public knew the REAL toyota I dont think they would be so quick in buying one. Or thinking so highly of the company.:mad:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If the american public knew the REAL toyota I dont think they would be so quick in buying one. Or thinking so highly of the company.:mad:
Absolutely. However, this is why toyota plants their logo on anything uniquely AMERICAN. Example: Their logo behind the homeplate on Saturday's baseball game on Fox. Their sponsorship of "American High School Football" in Ohio. Their sponsorship last fall of the halftime on Sunday Night Football, featuring two morons driving around the USA in a toyota pickup and going to weekend highschool football games in the country. Real Americana, there. This is the toyota philosophy. Constantly burning their image into your brain in anything American. Its disgusting. Why do you think they wanted into nascar? The Japanese still hate this country for kicking their ass in WWII (they picked the fight, we finished it), and if they can bring down the US auto industry and this country in the process, that's what they will do. I'm not even bringing up their evil labor practices either! toyota sucks. period.:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
. Constantly burning their image into your brain in anything American. Its disgusting. Why do you think they wanted into nascar? The Japanese still hate this country for kicking their ass in WWII (they picked the fight, we finished it), and if they can bring down the US auto industry and this country in the process, that's what they will do.
Oh you think your the only one who thinks that way? Its been in the back of my mind for years. We dropped two atomic bombs on them..yet they control our auto industry??? :BangHead:

Like I said and have said before we as an American culture have no pride in our own industries. We sold our auto empire to Japan for what? They are laughing all the way to the bank..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts