Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our service Mgr has a SS / 6 -speed on order.

It got caught up in the "hold". The status has been indicating various states of "bayed"...he called the hotline & spoke with a very nice lady this morning who informed him the car was being held with "thousands of others" at QC & "don't expect the car anytime soon"...as in maybe not until September.

He was cool with it - he wants the car, but he doesn't want a problem with it, he wants it correct.

That was at around 10am

The car showed up on a carrier about 5:30 this afternoon.

So...the moral of the story is that even though the folks at the plant (and elsewhere) are doing their best to keep the status updated, production and shipping are obviously moving faster than the updates - which is good.

So...take the info you get with a grain of salt and try not to get angry/disappointed/mad/bummed etc. etc. etc.

I know it's easy for me to say & hard to do when you're waiting and feel like you can't get good info ....but Your car will show up and they are WAY cool and worth the wait.

·
8,984 Posts
Great 54th post!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I've been telling people for some time, and I think Eric can also agree, don't hold much into the status's, etc once you have a vin.

I have a car in area 51, built 4 weeks ago....and just got an invoice for another. Some showed up in our regional trucking system in Janesville prior to delivery....a few others did not.

Personally, I think the aliens have stopped abducting humans and have started taking our Camaro's.....They go back to their planets and have some fun with them....then return them with the odometer all wiped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts