Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Wouldn't want to be there!
When the lightning flashes, this is NOT what you want to see.

This is a picture that someone who works on an oil rig took.
He was going to take a picture of the lightning and was unaware of the tornado until the lightning illuminated it!!! :eek:

This is a one-in-a-million photo..............
Taken Thursday night, April 3, 2008. Lariat # 2 Sandridge Energy South of Ft Stockton, TX

WOW! :eek:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Very cool! I love observing the awesome power of mother nature.

Did he get another picture of it? Nevermind....he was probably busy ****ting himself or running in the other direction :lol:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'd be in the awe struck crowd, that is till I realized what was going on, then it'd run for your life for me.

Amazing picture though. Really demonstrates how beautiful and deadly nature can be at the same time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks similar to this...

This picture of a tornado and lightning stroke over Lake Okeechobee was taken at about 10 PM on June 15, 1991.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Starting the last week of March through the 3rd week of April Here in Texas this year it seemed every Wednesday night we either had Tornado's one week Hail the next week and 90mph strightline winds and rain the following.
3 weeks straight we got hit. Thats normal weather for a Texas Spring in some parts especially the metroplex area.

I'm talking about hail as big as golf balls down to pea size that covered the whole yard. We still had hail stones in the flower beds 2 days after it hit.

Here is a pic after one of the hail storms.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
dayum i'd hate to be on that rig when that thing hit,i'd be confused with Igolstadt and i'd be AUDI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts