Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. This is a great forum. So...here is my story. I have always been a Mustang fan. I was never a big Chevy or Dodge kind of person. The only Dodge I liked was a Viper. Don't get me wrong, I could always appreciate the machines for their aesthetics and performance. My personal pick was always the Mustang. I personally owned two. My first car was a 2000 Mustang v6. I needed an upgrade and got a 2003 Mustang GT. It was heavily modified and set up for road-racing. I used to take her to the Texas World Speedway. Nonetheless...my Mustang days came to an end. I had to sell her because of life. It's a long story that I won't get into. I loved the 99-04 body style of the Mustangs, and when the 05+ came out, I was very, very disappointed. So...the quest to find a new sports car that suited me was started.

I always thought the Dodge Viper was a great car. Actually...it's my dream car. The price tag is just rediculous. Knowing that I won't be able to comfortably afford that for about ten years, that car is staying a dream. I looked into the new Chargers. I didn't really like the look and the principle of it being four doors. I then saw the Challenger. I was quite impressed. I was thinking that this could be the find. I started thinking to myself. I just didn't fully like the look. There was something about it that did not feel like it fit me personally. I thought that nothing was out there for me until I could afford the Viper. I hate used cars. I hate the fact that I don't know what happened to the car before me, how it was driven, if it was damaged and covered up, etc. I must be the only driver and owner. So the option of finding a used Mustang of my 99-04 body style is out. I was bummed out for a while. I did not like import cars. Even though I am part Asian. LOL! (I am half Thai and half German.) I need the power and performance of a bigger displacement.

So...I then turned to Chevrolet out of what I then thought was desperation. I would soon find out that it was a heaven scent. I looked at the Corvette. I was never a big fan of the older years. I have started liking them more and more recently. I was just turned off by the price tag. The Z06 or ZR1's are just as expensive as a Viper. I became sad again. Then...I remembered that the Camaro was coming back. My desperate thought THEN became a PERFECT THOUGHT!! I fell in love with the new body style. I love the IRS, the 6.2L v8, 6 speed trans, the exterior look, the interior look, the whole car, everything!! The car is perfect!! It will be mine!! LOL!! A Victory Red 2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS SS all the way!!!

Well...that is my story or transformation of how a hardcore Mustang Lover turned to the DarkSide...the right side. :roxor:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY! :hello:

Glad you could join us. I have to say, your introductory post was the best I've ever read. BTW, half German-half Scottish here. You're definitely in the right place to share in the Camaro goodness!:roxor:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.