Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Martin Walsh General Manager, HUMMER In preparing for the announcement about General Motor’s putting HUMMER up for strategic review this week, we anticipated that subsequent rumors and speculation about the brand’s fate would soon begin. They have, and we can expect these things to swirl while we examine possible outcomes. But I want you to know that in the end I believe the HUMMER name, and it’s line-up of iconic vehicles, will still be purchased and enjoyed by customers around the world. Globally, in eight short years, the HUMMER name has become one of the strongest brand names in the automotive industry. Today HUMMER vehicles are sold in 37 different countries around the globe. And outside the US, where the world has been living with high fuel prices for the past decade, 2008 sales through April were up 34.8% compared to 2007. It is a high-end product that holds inherent profit potential and already has a loyal and vibrant customer base. And, with nearly 60 % of HUMMER customers coming from outside GM product lines, it has highest conquest rate of any brand in the GM portfolio and HUMMER buyers are among GM’s youngest and most affluent.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
For some reason it doesnt tick me to here that the Hummer is being dropped. :confused:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
HUMMER buyers are among GM’s youngest and most affluent.
This is what matters. People who are buying a H2 (or Escalade/Denali for that matter) don't care about gas mileage. They've got the money to pay to play. It's the people who buy H3s that will whine.

Leave well enough alone - and leave it for those who are able to enjoy it. Just because some can't, why should the affluent not be able to?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.