Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ready to leave for work, and saw our allocation #

It was much less than I expected. Makes me wonder if everyone is going to be this surprised.

Stay tuned. I'll post more at work.

:BangHead:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
The projected annual production figures should ensure everybody a piece of the Camaro action, but not right away. I won't have a problem waiting until the 'next batch' rolls in.;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok, so I just found out that my dealer will be getting (7) in his first round of allocation. Thankfully, I'm #1 on the list.

How many is yours getting?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The projected annual production figures should ensure everybody a piece of the Camaro action, but not right away. I won't have a problem waiting until the 'next batch' rolls in.;)
I agree. The car will only get better year after year. Maybe we'll have a C5 Z06-type scenario :D

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are targeted with 4. The info says this is only for reference, and there are no guarantee's of them being made. We can too, enter more, as it is only a target number, with no guarantee's.

Not to fear, more ordering cycles, and more allocation will be available prior to the Feb 16th start, if I read my information correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks like this is going to be a slow agonizing process. The next 6 - 8 months is going to be exciting and this forum will be busy. We Canadians can only sit back watch.:hello:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My apologies for the thread title....We had a low number for Malibu's too, and then in one week, 15 arrived all at once. We had them faster and in a higher quantity than some surrounding dealers.

I really thought we had more mustangs in the zone!

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
It is my understanding that this allocation number represents the estimated number of cars a dealer should receive in the first 6-8 months of production (through Q3 2009), is that correct?

More details should be available once production starts about 2009 Q4 and later.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldnt Want to Own the Very First built anywho....Let them work the kinks out first
that's how I feel, I hate to wait but I know it'll be worth it.
When I bought my 94Z (2nd year of 4Gen) they came out with SS
right after. So I think I'll wait for second year, if there not going be
a Z-28 :popcorn:

Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
We are scheduled to be getting 29 in our first order round. As soon as I get some money I will apply to become a sponsor (my dealership won't help me pay for it and times are tough right now for me money wise).

The dealership I work for was the #1 Camaro dealer in the USA in the last few years of the 4th gen from what my General Manager told me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Production on Hold?

Insider rumor is 5th gen production may be on hold indefinetly due to plant closures and the general economy. Hope it isn't true, but these are bad economic times to introduce the new model with buyers not being able to get financing. Has anyone else heard of this?:eek:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Insider rumor is 5th gen production may be on hold indefinetly due to plant closures and the general economy. Hope it isn't true, but these are bad economic times to introduce the new model with buyers not being able to get financing. Has anyone else heard of this?:eek:
oh stop with the sky-is-falling-thread-hijack.:BangHead:

same insider rumors that said that 5th gen production would be on hold because gas would be $10/gal. Support the economy...buy a Camaro.;):patriot::patriot::patriot:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts