Modern Camaro Forums banner

A sad day of Allocation

10K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  54inches 
Insider rumor is 5th gen production may be on hold indefinetly due to plant closures and the general economy. Hope it isn't true, but these are bad economic times to introduce the new model with buyers not being able to get financing. Has anyone else heard of this?:eek:
oh stop with the sky-is-falling-thread-hijack.:BangHead:

same insider rumors that said that 5th gen production would be on hold because gas would be $10/gal. Support the economy...buy a Camaro.;):patriot::patriot::patriot:

I just spoke to my dealer...they're only getting 2. I was 2 on the list, but "supposedly" someone not on the list offered $1000 over MSRP...sounds like a BS way to start a bidding war. I told him I'm ready to give him a deposit, but I'm not paying a dime over MSRP and I'd go somewhere else if that was the case. He said he'd find out how "real" the offer was and call me monday.

Maybe I'll confuse him and offer $1000 over MSRP for a Blue SS.:D:D

Dude, your place on a list is your place on a list, regardless of who comes after. I'd take my business elsewhere, and tell that dealer that they can take their money-grubbing ethics and shove them up their....well, you know.
yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I admit I'm a little less "gung-ho" about my order with the market crash (my downpayment has tanked), the whole no blue crap, and now this BS. eff-it-all.

well i just called my dealer and im set to go on monday. ill be the first one to order:patriot: im just a little iffy on the $1000 deposit. i mean there is no pricing obviously..so i cant back down my order if its more money than i thought and get my $1000 back?
I think it's been posted (If I remember correctly), that orders wont be "official" and can be changed/deleted until December when the prices are announced.

Allocation is 'conservative' -- that's because we have a slow 'ramp up' of production because quality is our number one concern.......we MUST get it right -- and if the ramp up proceeds as it did with Malibu and the C6, I think you'll see allocation numbers rise the next round -- it could also mean that the next round of allocation comes sooner than expected!

thanks for the info Scott...
Any guess as to when the second allocation round would be? What's "typical"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.