Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for starters my dealership was pretty much good to me. But, they received my veterans plate and registration a week ago, no phone call. Apparently there were new car taxes they did not calculate for my resident state and they just took care of it and are now billing me the said amount. Ok, I'm fine with that, my issue is with the handling of the matter. Why no phone call when they had to pay close to a grand for taxes? Why no phone call when the plate actually came in? I feel I should have been notified as SOON as it was known I owed tax money. Here is the kicker for me, I only found this out because I called yesterday about my temp tag being almost expired and having not received my registration at my other address. It really bites my in the ass because most people, myself included, can't "just come up with a grand" in any type of short order. My my beloved Barron sits static. :angry:

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
You don't owe them squat.

If it wasn't on the Purchase Agreement, it's THEIR problem. NOT yours.

I had a similar situation and told the dealership they could have the car back. They decided it was their problem and took care of it.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I tend to agree with intimidat3r ... I bought my car in SC and had it registered in VA ... no issues. I think they overestimated by 42 dollars so I just added a little more and got it registered for 2 yrs instead on 1. Only issue I can see is if you never told them you were in another state, but it doesn't sound like that happened ... as for the plates, I think a lot of dealers do that, they are idiots on that front

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't owe them squat.

If it wasn't on the Purchase Agreement, it's THEIR problem. NOT yours.

I had a similar situation and told the dealership they could have the car back. They decided it was their problem and took care of it.
I understand what you are saying, but when it really comes down to it, I would have had to pay it in the first place. At this point it's really a karma thing. I Could I have shafted them with the bill, but in all reality it was MY taxes and I owed said tax, so why not pay it. I know for a fact if I had stiffed them with the bill something really stupid was going to happen to me. But that's just how I work. Any way, after actually collecting on some money I loaned out, I managed to pull the rest out of my *** and get my plate. I did how ever give the gm a earful in tactful Marine Corps fashion.;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What really sucks is if they would have calculated the tax correctly up front, you could have had it rolled into your payments. A grand spread over 5 years is only about 17 dollars a month including interest. Now you are stuck with a lump sum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you give him the old Corps Knife hands too?
No, unfortunately I did not. Civilians get really nervous and upset when you start waving your hands around and pointing at them when they know your prior military. I have herd this from sevral civilians in the past, so i rely on voice inflection and tone. It was kinda rewarding though to tell off a 50year old GM who thought his **** didn't stink. In the end I got a extra year of service, I think it was the fact I told him that I would network with my military friends and put a severely bad name on the place about how they treat veterans and there lack of attention to detail. He ask how so and I replyed, "if you can't even get your paperwork together for registrations or even make a phone call to update the cutomer, how is that supposed to make me feel about the quality of anything that goes on in this particular dealership? A quiet and very agrivated look fell on upon his face as be relized I just back him into a corner. Obviously that wasnt the whole conversation, but, Mission accomplished.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
outstanding, I've been out over 20 years and I still catch myself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cycam1, you are very welcome my fellow MC junkie ;-)! HCS0617, it really is frustrating the lack of accountability and how pist off people get when you actually call them on their shenanigans.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Thanks Cy, Towlie I'm with you brother, unfortunately you can't take them behind the squad bay or throw a little blanket party. It's like terminal Lance has relatives that work everywhere.

I'm knew to the Camaro, was a huge Jeep guy for years. So far the GM folks in my area are much better then Chrysler, what's weird is, the dealerships are owned by the same family and are across the street from each other. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts