Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Envy...my 2010 Synergy Green Special Edition...and I always will. But I have a hard time understanding why GM has made it a personal mission to screw all the 2010 SGM buyers the way they have. When I purchased my Camaro I was told by every Chevrolet salesman that I dealt with that the color was a limited run and would never be seen again.

I know that no one was intentionally lying to me...because they were only going on the information that GM gave them. And while I was mildly disappointed when they released the color for open Camaro orders in 2011...I already loved my car enough not to care...nor was I interested in upgrading to a SS. But I just learned this week that GM will be recycling the color for use on the 2014 Chevy Sonic and I can't imagine anything more degrading than that. Not that there is anything wrong with a Sonic...but really...if they had to use it again...couldn't it have been on a Corvette or something? I just can't wait to see SGM Sonics in every parking lot...now won't that be special. [URL="[/URL]

It seems that GM has already forgotten that they can't even successfully match their own paint color to repair body damage...so in no time at all there will be "50 shades of SGM" running around out there...lol [URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
28 Posts
when I saw the color chip on the '14 chart, I wondered the same thing...

and I agree with you, that it shouldn't have been brought back, especially on the Sonic...or any other car except Camaro or Vette...

I work for GM...I see stupid decisions made everyday by management...so its no surprise to me...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
when I saw the color chip on the '14 chart, I wondered the same thing...

and I agree with you, that it shouldn't have been brought back, especially on the Sonic...or any other car except Camaro or Vette...

I work for GM...I see stupid decisions made everyday by management...so its no surprise to me...
I was always told that if I didn't have anything good to say then don't say it. I was promised a nice pension and good health care after working there (GM) and taking a buyout so a younger person could have my job for less money. They promised...they lied. I can't say what I really think... I learned NEVER believe what they tell you because it changes real quick. Life lesson...

·
Registered
170 Posts
They probably are trying to compete with the new Mazda 2. Mazda has come out with what they call "Spirited Green Metallic". It is very close to Chevrolet's Synergy Green Metallic. Stupid things are running around all over the place here in the Seattle area. One even thought it was cute to park next to me so we would match :mad:

Attachments

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They probably are trying to compete with the new Mazda 2. Mazda has come out with what they call "Spirited Green Metallic". It is very close to Chevrolet's Synergy Green Metallic. Stupid things are running around all over the place here in the Seattle area. One even thought it was cute to park next to me so we would match :mad:
Yes...I've had a similar experience Misty. :eek: But it's not a new color...I took this picture over two years ago...

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]
But a few months later I found out that Candy Apple Green was a much better match for SGM...

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Now Envy, you don't have "synergy green-envy" do you? :D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It is annoying though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Didn't know Mazda had the color out for that long. I hadn't seen the Mazdas in the spirited green metallic in our area until recently. And now it is like a population explosion. It seems like all of sudden there is an interest in "our" color! Of course, it still looks much better on our camaros and always will :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Didn't know Mazda had the color out for that long. I hadn't seen the Mazdas in the spirited green metallic in our area until recently. And now it is like a population explosion. It seems like all of sudden there is an interest in "our" color! Of course, it still looks much better on our camaros and always will :D
I was never a big fan fo green for a color of a car...but I have to admit the Camaro Synergy Green tooks fantastic in person. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i drive an envious green solstice,but its a darker metallic green.like my car but every time i see a synergy green camaro i want it.dont care that much for the other colors.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I wasn't a fan of Synergy Green....BUT a friend has one...what an AWESOME color. A Sonic?????? PLEASE!!!!! Synergy Green deserves a MUCH cooler car than that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts