Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
You guys should do a search on the Pontiac G8 door handles. It has a chrome/aluminum trip piece around the outside of the handle. I think it adds just a little bit without being overpowering. Maybe somebody on here can post a picture for you.

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
I was kinda bored, and noticed no one had tried this so I figured what the hell... Not my best job, but I only spent 15 minutes on it. I don't think it looks too bad at all (on the car)

Didn't realize no one had looked at this in over a year, OOPS!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This little mod caused quite a controversy on my "No More Gills" thread a while back...but I eventually decided it wasn't for me.

I really did appreciate the effort RacnJsn made to photoshop the chrome handles for me. It certainly looked better than my tin foil version...lol. But I thought they looked more like brushed aluminum rather than chrome.

So I wanted to post up these pictures so everyone can see exactly what chrome door handles look like with the chrome wheels. :D

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I keep thinking about Chrome on my handles too. What do you think about the half inch around the windows too?????
i woulld say
it all depends of the colour of your c5 and your concept
a modest ibm without lowering etc
just polished 20 inches, tan int might look great, if you highlight the window line (imo do not do the b-pillar)
maybe just another chrome stripe along the rockerpanels....

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I like them myself......I think it would look good on a White Convertible.....

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
This little mod caused quite a controversy on my "No More Gills" thread a while back...but I eventually decided it wasn't for me.

I really did appreciate the effort RacnJsn made to photoshop the chrome handles for me. It certainly looked better than my tin foil version...lol. But I thought they looked more like brushed aluminum rather than chrome.
I remember that hole thing... Sorry !, at least its over :)

The brushed Aluminum might be a great idea, I'd think it keep clean longer or
Stainless Steal IMO ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a handle that will fit the Camaro that has a partial brushed chrome piece on them. They make the handle for the Saab cross over vehicle, and it will fit the Camaro with no effort at all to install. All you have to do is pop off the little black cover on the shutface of the door. Turn the screw out slowly while pulling the door handle out (as if opening the door), then pulling on the cover behind the handle until it feels loose enough to pull right out. Do not turn screw any further. The handle will now be able to be removed. Put in the new handle, and then the cover that is behind it. Turn the screw in slowly till the handle pops into place, and tighten the screw a little more. Pop on the little black rubber cover, and your done.

The maker of these handle is Adac Plastics. They are located in Muskegon MI. But you can probably get them from a Saab dealer. Any other type of handle will not work on the Camaro.

This Saab picture is the best I can find. You can take the brushed chrome finish part off, and have it chromed in bright if you want.
Take this piture and make it your background to see it in more detail. The picture is large enough to give you a good look.

·
Registered
782 Posts

So I wanted to post up these pictures so everyone can see exactly what chrome door handles look like with the chrome wheels. :D

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]
I think they look awesome :thumbsup:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
There is a handle that will fit the Camaro that has a partial brushed chrome piece on them. They make the handle for the Saab cross over vehicle, and it will fit the Camaro with no effort at all to install. All you have to do is pop off the little black cover on the shutface of the door. Turn the screw out slowly while pulling the door handle out (as if opening the door), then pulling on the cover behind the handle until it feels loose enough to pull right out. Do not turn screw any further. The handle will now be able to be removed. Put in the new handle, and then the cover that is behind it. Turn the screw in slowly till the handle pops into place, and tighten the screw a little more. Pop on the little black rubber cover, and your done.

The maker of these handle is Adac Plastics. They are located in Muskegon MI. But you can probably get them from a Saab dealer. Any other type of handle will not work on the Camaro.

This Saab picture is the best I can find. You can take the brushed chrome finish part off, and have it chromed in bright if you want.
Take this piture and make it your background to see it in more detail. The picture is large enough to give you a good look.

Why buy a Saab part? I bought a new set of Camaro handles for $36 and had them chromed but I decided I didn't want the look permanently so I ordered the chrome/plastic overlays for $18 so I could use them at the car shows and that's what you see here. They actually do look much better than I thought...but I'm still not ready to commit to the look yet. These I can put on and take off whenever I want with some 3M tape and they were totally worth the $18 I paid for them. :D Ummmm shiney...lol.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I like the way they look on yours. Been thinking about 'em for mine as well to give a more retro look. Maybe I'll give the cheapies a try so I can remove em if I don't like em and not spend alot of cash.

Bill

·
Registered
511 Posts
I wouldn't do the chrome. Looks tacky. Keep it body color. Looks much better IMO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts