Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that what I though was a safe and secure job will soon just be another part of the economy downturn. So with this news I had to cancel my order for the car of my dreams. I am just hoping at the same time that the dealer will understand and give my deposit back. I have heard it may be for some reason nonrefundable which I can not understand since the car has not even been officially put on a build schedule as of yet.
I also wanted to say thank you for all the people who I have cahtted with and found friendship with during this short time in which i have been active on this site. I wish you all the best, and hope your families all survive these hard times ahead.:(

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that sucks dude. yes your deposit should be 100% refundable. good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
MY HEART GOES OUT 2 YA.Best of luck finding a new job and getting your money back.The dealership you've dealt with shouldn't heckle you about getting your deposit back.;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Sorry to hear. I had to take a really great tenant to court yesterday because she lost her job and hasn't been able to pay rent for months. It's so tough seeing honest people now being in the same line as dirtbags.

Things will get better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I hear yeah

Yeah I hear yeah. I have 5 plus a wife and a small farm at home so I need to focus on what'w most important.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I hate to hear that. I'm soon to be in the unemployed ranks myself. It sucks knowing that a lay off is coming, and just passing through day to day waiting for HR to call you to the office to get the reduction in force speech.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am sorry to hear that.... here in Oklahoma we are not hit so bad from the economy. Maybe everyone should move here if your job is in danger. :D Then there can be a 5thgen.org car club :D (Just trying to lighten up a dismal outlook)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Part of my job is doing exceptions for packages at UPS. The last six months I've been processing more and more 'Out Of Business' returns. We're seeing the domino effect, even with our service.

At least you have your priorities in focus, family first. Keep a positive outlook and you'll get by. I hope the best for ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts