Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what state to file in? I'm a Texas resident but moved everything to Virginia while I was deployed. I'm staying in Virginia Beach and don't know if I file in Virginia or Texas. :( I've never received unemployment after receiving a DD214 and I'm lost. My family also moves around too much. :(

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I'm pretty sure you file wherever your address is. IIRC Texas was really liberal with unemployment for recently separated veterans. I think they gave six months of benefits, even if you found a job.

Oh, and welcome back. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Devryn! Thanks for the advice. I'm sitting here between Texas' workforce commission and Virginia's unemployment commission sites playing eyeball tennis.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I concur with the others. When I was getting ready to get out of the Navy fearing I wouldn't find a job before I got out, I asked about that to the job office and that's what they told me. But just to add, they also said it's your PERMANENT state/commonwealth address after separating as to where you should file, not where you happen to separate or hang out temporarily. The test of where your permanent address would be is where you plan on getting and maintain your driver's license and car registration.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts