Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got a good deal on my LS camaro and wouldn t you know 3 days after owning it its in the shop having the engine torn apart. I am a Die Hard GM Fan but im about to throw in the towel. When it comes to this new camaro I been getting screwed since day one. First I had one Pre ordered then im told by the dealer in TN they never ordered mine. Then last Dec I drove one off the lot and the dealer I was dealing with in MO screwed me on that deal and took the car back. I get one now from GA and wouldn t you know now I have someone working on it that has never dealt with this problem before and they are trying to figure out how to work on it. The car is never going to be right again. I am in contact with GM and I'm seriously thinking about telling them they need to just give me another car but knowing my luck they will blow that request off. Im really tired of being screwed by GM and their dealers right now. Sorry just had to vent. I welcome any comments or advice be it good or bad and I will always back GM to any Dodge or Ford owner no matter what!!!!!!! :(

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
geez...that sucks. I really haven't heard of any big problems w/ the V6's. What happened? Sounds strange that they would try and fix a major engine problem instead of just getting a new engine for you (that's what I would fight for at least).

Sorry to hear about your car's issues.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't sound like GM is screwing you, just the dealers.
No GM hasn t screwed me yet and the last dealer I dealt with was very good to me. My issue now is only owning the car for 3 days its jacked up. If GM doesn t help me in this situation and I dont just mean fixing the issue then GM will be screwing me at that time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
geez...that sucks. I really haven't heard of any big problems w/ the V6's. What happened? Sounds strange that they would try and fix a major engine problem instead of just getting a new engine for you (that's what I would fight for at least).

Sorry to hear about your car's issues.
The other day I was driving to work and when I put it in 3rd gear car starting shaking and the idiot light came on. I limped it to the closest chevy dealer and it has sat there since.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The other day I was driving to work and when I put it in 3rd gear car starting shaking and the idiot light came on. I limped it to the closest chevy dealer and it has sat there since.
so they tore apart the engine? what did they tell you is wrong with it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so they tore apart the engine? what did they tell you is wrong with it?
They told me the fuel injection was bad. They wasn t sure right away because they never had to work on a camaro like this. Makes me wonder am I the first case in the U.S. would be my luck wouldn t it

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's the first year for the DI engine in Chevrolets. There is plenty of knowledge about and experience in repairing these engines since they are and have been used in Cadillac CTS for a while. It's basically the 3.6 block with DI and advanced vakve timing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the first year for the DI engine in Chevrolets. There is plenty of knowledge about and experience in repairing these engines since they are and have been used in Cadillac CTS for a while. It's basically the 3.6 block with DI and advanced vakve timing.
I was thinking the samething so why would they tell me they have never worked on this engine before and they have to be on the phone with GM all day

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my father has a 2010 ss like mine n he had the same issue with his when he first got it. it was a sensor that was messing up! they ahd to replace it 2 times. n now he hasnt had a problem since!
Did GM give him anything for his troubles??

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
don't give up...just make sure they get it right.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't give up...just make sure they get it right.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.
I have been in contact with GM but not at that number. Wesly is a customer service district manager

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol most dealers that sell chevys also sell caddys which are usually very well versed in blowing apart 3.6's, primarily due to what seems consistent timing chain issues.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think the general presumption that Chevrolet Dealerships primarily work on Chevrolet vehicles and Cadillac Dealerships primarily work on Cadillac vehicles is a cop-out answer. That is pretty irresponsible thinking (no offense meant to those that suggest this). There is only one certification to be a Certified Chevrolet and/or Cadillac Technician and that is to actually be a Certified GM Mechanic that covers ALL GM vehicles. Chevrolet and Cadillac do not have seperate Certifications. Dude, take your car to a different dealership, on their dime if necessary. Though I'm a die-hard GM guy, I do know that Ford Technicians have made gigantic strides diagnosing their advanced engines and mechanical components. GM seriously needs to eliminate their old ways and realize that in the automotive industry, there really is a difference between "customer" and "client." This pushing off nonsense is really out of hand and GM does indeed have the resources to handle issues like this properly, courteously and accordingly. Just my 2 cents. :mad:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Did GM give him anything for his troubles??
In his case, they did everything right, the part was replaced twice under warranty.

Good luck with your problem. Are there any other dealers in your area? Maybe like someone else hinted a dealer that services Cadillacs could take care of it for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In his case, they did everything right, the part was replaced twice under warranty.

Good luck with your problem. Are there any other dealers in your area? Maybe like someone else hinted a dealer that services Cadillacs could take care of it for you.
Yeah there is one other dealer but they screwed me on the first deal when I tried to buy in MO. If you remember my last post I made which they made me remove because they threatened me with Slander suit LMAO(I thought that was funny when they told me that). Not so much worried about who it working on the car but the part where they are dismantling my engine and im worried it will never be the same again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a difference between being certified and working on the engine on an ongoing basis. If you had the choice would you go to a surgeon just out of school (certified) or one that had some experience?

Also re timing chains. That problem was solved at the beginning of 2009.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts