Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all i recently had 3.91 gears installed in my l99 ,now i have the service stabilitrak ,tc .4 total lights on my dask .how do i clear this without having to use the dealer ? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought a sct-4 tuner to change the ratio , also went by a local parts store to have abs scanned, right rear speed sensor came up along with about 4 other codes. im gonna start with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi TJames,

I have for some time wanted an auto 1LE and have been looking into the parts offered by GM to accomplish this. The available 1LE suspension kit includes larger sway bars, the rear toe links, the rear shock mounts; it does not include the ZL1 wheel bearings or the larger half shafts that come with the factory assembled 1LE. Since the 1LE suspension was tuned to operate with 10 inch front and 11 inch rear wheels with 285 size tires should they not also be employed with the suspension kit. You have installed the 1LE's 3.91 final drive, should not that gear be employed with the ZL1 wheel bearings and the half shafts used for the factory built 1LEs. I would like your impressions of mating the 3.91 to the auto trans L99. Are you getting massive wheel spin? Is the need for larger wheels and tires absolutely evident? Are you concerned about the durability of the driveline? Has your fuel economy noticeably plummeted?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts