Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2SS. I noticed that the accessory offered Cat Back is a single pipe (stainless) going to the rear before it duals out. Is the original exhaust the same way? What is the advantage of the accessory offered cat back system if its not true duals? Is the dia. of the pipe different?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i don't think that picture is of the actual exhaust...just a stock photo...because as far as I know, both the V6 and V8 camaro's have duals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I wanted the inferno orange, but my said she wasn't to crazy bout that color, so I got the black. I emailed chevy about the exhaust their auto reply said they would have an answer in 48 hours.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wanted the inferno orange, but my said she wasn't to crazy bout that color, so I got the black. I emailed chevy about the exhaust their auto reply said they would have an answer in 48 hours.
you've got time...you can change your order until mid-december from what we've heard.

congrats on your order and welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Mcdoiron, as POWERFREAK stated, both the V6 and V8 models have true dual exhaust systems from the factory. The picture of the cat-back exhaust system in the accessory catalog is not an actual photo of the 5th Gen Camaro's exhaust.

BTW, welcome to the site, friend.:hello:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. I was surfin and found that another site said that Chevy would offer employee pricing, do you think that is true.

·
Banned
57 Posts
They're offering employee pricing on everything. It might be over, but it will pop up sooner or later. GM needs to move cars.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Gm is putting a lot of time in the sound im sure they wont upset us with the out come however if it isnt what I want then aftermarket is always in the air perhaps if the stock isnt what I want I can always turn to GMMG and get a good old chambered exhaust and let the world hear it through the pipes just like they did back in 1969

http://www.gmmginc.net/Exhaust/index.php

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sema

We should see what they have for the Camaro at Sema :bowtie_gold:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still waiting

I have sent 2 emails to the official chevy site and they called me both times within 24 hours, pretty good. The only thing is that they haven't been able to fully answer my question on the exhaust, (differences in the OD of the exhaust pipes between stock and after market) they said that there would be a follow up contact. I also asked about the employee pricing incentive, their response was that it has ended in September and she could not aswer as to whether or not there would be an incentive at the time of delivery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts