24 Posts
Isn't that what the Yellow Book is for?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
STILL SEARCHING

Buy the Eurpopean driver's seat.
Well, I have contacted several company's that due the right-hand drive conversions, and they all convert the left drivers seat to a right seat themselves. They say that if they don't use the original GM parts, they would open themselves up for lawsuits. I would think mashing up the original part, and putting it together in a way other than original would be just as bad, but hey, who am I Right?

CAN ANYONE COME UP WITH THE NAME OF THE COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY MANUFACTURES THESE SEAT BASES FOR GM????
:rock5thvert:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I believe that Johnson Controls makes the Camaro seats. You might try and go to their website to find a customer rep or contact to maybe help you get some answers to how to get a taller seat or some kind of adjuster for your current seat. Good luck and I hope they can help you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Johnson Controls

Thanks for the info. I have used their "contact us" and inquired about the seat base. Still no reply. I may have to try several times. I will post with any info I get.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Response from Johnson Controls

Hey Camaro fans. Here is a response I got back from Johnson Controls on my request for info on getting a height adjustable passenger seat base.

Thank you for your interest in Johnson Controls Inc and our products.

We have reviewed your comments with our customer(GM) and have identified the following:
1) There will be a power passenger seat coming to the Camaro for the 2012 Model Year.
2) You should be able to contact your dealer and purchase this seat and have it installed at the dealer beginning in 2011.
3) According to GM the power passenger seat is electrically compatible with your vehicle's wiring system.
4) The only issue you may encounter will be if you have base cloth seats. There is currently no release planned for the passenger power option with base cloth.

Yours truly,
Tony Kestian

[email protected]
Subject: Internet request for: Metal structures & mechanisms

So, as someone else had guessed GM would do, is to bring the same adjustable power seat like the drivers side ,to the passenger seat of the car in 2012.
I still would like to just have the manual ratchet adjustable base. Wonder what the price will be?

Thanks for the heads-up on the link for aftermarket 6-way power.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey Camaro fans. Here is a response I got back from Johnson Controls on my request for info on getting a height adjustable passenger seat base.

Thank you for your interest in Johnson Controls Inc and our products.

We have reviewed your comments with our customer(GM) and have identified the following:
1) There will be a power passenger seat coming to the Camaro for the 2012 Model Year.
2) You should be able to contact your dealer and purchase this seat and have it installed at the dealer beginning in 2011.
3) According to GM the power passenger seat is electrically compatible with your vehicle's wiring system.
4) The only issue you may encounter will be if you have base cloth seats. There is currently no release planned for the passenger power option with base cloth.

Yours truly,
Tony Kestian

[email protected]
Subject: Internet request for: Metal structures & mechanisms

So, as someone else had guessed GM would do, is to bring the same adjustable power seat like the drivers side ,to the passenger seat of the car in 2012.
I still would like to just have the manual ratchet adjustable base. Wonder what the price will be?

Thanks for the heads-up on the link for aftermarket 6-way power.

I am glad that you got an answer from Johnson Controls. I used to be part of a company that supplied GM and knew that JC did the seats for the Camaro. That is good news for those with leather seats that want to get a power passenger seat for their car. Wonder what the cost of that would be though. Oh well, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Well my wife is in the same boat and sayes she will have to use a pillow, So if you get your done let me know. Luckly she can adjust the drivers seat and can see to drive it.. Or it would have been my A$$... Let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
CAN ANY GM PARTS SUPPLIER

CAN ANY GM PARTS SUPPLIER out there in forum land, let me (and many more 2010/2011 Camaro owners) know if the new PARTS catalog updates listing 2012 Camaro replacement parts, is out yet?
I know there is going to be a rush on, to get the power passenger seat components, and I want to be up on the supply list.
ANY help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Updates come out after the first of the month, as of right now there are no part # to see if you can order parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Passenger sits very low

Anyone with kids have problems with the passenger seat sitting low. Poor kids cannot see out over the dash.

I noticed the 2012 Camaro convertible has a power passenger seat that would make life a whole lot better for my passengers. I may try to retro fit the seat adjuster if the cost does not kill me.

Anyone else notice this about the passenger seat?

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yea,

I am the parts manager at a Chevy dealer and have looked up the pass seat adjuster in six way version. Just don't forget if you want a nice job get the side trim, the switch, and both control buttons. Not sure if you will need any wiring harness, as they are different for cloth or leather seats.

The 2012 Camaro convertible we just got in does infact have cloth seats with the six way power adjuster. I used that vin number to check the parts.

I'll post the part numbers after work on 8-22-2011

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
We're going to hold you to it ctsvowner. :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Anyone with kids have problems with the passenger seat sitting low. Poor kids cannot see out over the dash.

I noticed the 2012 Camaro convertible has a power passenger seat that would make life a whole lot better for my passengers. I may try to retro fit the seat adjuster if the cost does not kill me.

Anyone else notice this about the passenger seat?

Dave
There are threads on this subject and we would all like to see a kit for the 2010-2011 camaros. My wife and kid are in the same boat....

21 - 40 of 77 Posts