Modern Camaro Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
My friend noticed. She's like 5'1 maybe a little shorter and she got into my car and said she couldn't see anything and wouldn't be able to drive it(not like i would trust her with it anyway lol). She sat in the driver seat and was able to see perfectly fine, but still not driving it

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
So here we have my friend Raffiel.

Now with the seat in the position that is normal for the 2011 and earlier cars.

And here we have the seat in the up most position.

From the front you cannot barely see his head.

But in the 2012 Seat raised up all is right in the world

Thank You Raffi for you assistance

Dave
LOL! That's a little dude! IMO passengers don't need to see anything. They're not driving. Also, children shouldn't be in the front seat (neither should Raffi probably. LOL)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got my 2012 Passenger Power seat track today.

With motors no wiring though

There are two bolts that hold the seat track down to the floor. I used a #50 Torx to remove them.

There is only one wire connector you need to disconnect.

It unplugs by sliding out the locking tab

·
Registered
62 Posts
As you can see the bolts are kind of long

Once the bolts are out slide the seat rearward and lift up. It comes out just that easy.

Here is the new track laid in place.

I will work on this more this weekend.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this is great that they have fixed this for the 2012, and that you could conceivably purchase the new passenger seat to fix the issue, but does no one else feel that Chevy should fix this issue for you for free?? It expressly shows in the Owner's Manual that the passenger seat IS adjustable. To me, why should we be paying for something that should come standard with really ANY decent car.

To be clear, I love the Camaro. My husband drooled over it from the moment it arrived on the scene. I encouraged him to get it, and he finally did - a gorgeous jewel red one. It drives great, feels good, and looks better. But the passenger seat is so body-bendingly uncomfortable for me that I HATE riding in the %^$# car.

Now, I am a tall girl - 5'7, and often wear 4 inch heels, so taller still. The seat being so low for some reason causes there to be no lumbar support whatsoever, causing my body to scrunch up in an unbelievably uncomfortable ball. I put a small pillow on teh seat to try to make this more manageable, but it really isn't working. Riding in it today, I realized that the way that the seat hits my back, I either have to push my back against the seat and my head back (which tilts my head forward, cramping my neck), or I have to live with the way that the lumbar hits me, which causes my whole body to curl forward, bringing me into a minor fetal position. This causes the bottom of my bra to pinch into my ribcage and the waist of my jeans to cut into my stomach. NOT fun.

Sitting there today, I thought to myself, "Well, this is essentially a one-person car at the moment." After all, you can't get anyone into the backseat - but we could care less about that. However, since my husband and I like to take roadtrips together, it would be nice to have a car where one of us wasn't so uncomfortable.

Is anyone else experiencing the lumbar/crunching issues too? And has anyone contacted Chevy to get them to fix this for free??

Again, the car itself rocks - I love to drive it - but I'd like to be able to love to ride in it, too.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If you look there a write up croncerning the update of the passenger seat, or buy a 2012

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I hope someone has some ideas for this.
I am looking to upgrade my 2010 2LT/RS Camaro's passenger seat to either an electric adjustable base (like the drivers seat), or a manual base that allows for the seat to raise higher off the floor.
My wife is petite, and she can not see out the front windshield comfortably with the stock seat, and ends up sitting on a pillow.
PS. I have read the manual, and it shows a height adjustment, but that must be for the manual drivers seat. Can that base possibly be retro'd to the passenger side??
I have also read prior threads about this, but none had any good info. Lots of jokester ideas, but no useful real life, 25 years of marriage type ideas.
Please, ANY real IDEAS???:rock5thvert:
What if you used longer seat mounting bolts and put five or six thick washers under the frame? Or had someone make a one inch tubular frame to sit under the seat, again with longer bolts??

61 - 77 of 77 Posts