Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have the L99 which obviously has the AFM or DoD. i get the concept and how it works and all, but i wanted to know 1.) is it really needed 2.) would it gain anything if its removed? 3.) ive seen a DoD delete system online but is there a way to deactivate it without uninstalling it or the stupid tap shift method? and lastly im looking for some inexpensive ways to enhance my car performance wise any ideas. I already have a K&N aircharger cold air intake and flomaster american thunder cat-back system

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check into a dyno tune, see if they have a way of deactivating it. Plus once you do remove it(with an aftermarket kit), or tune it, its gonna void any and all warranty you have.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It works. It's seamless. Deactivating it will gain you nothing except a lack of powertrain warranty and a thinner wallet from paying for a tune.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Quickest and cheapest tune up is the fuse pull to reset the fuel octaine tables.About once a month makes a big big difference.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Turned off the DoD with my InTune. I love having my car sound like a V8 all the time, rather than a fuel starved four cylinder.

I haven't logged miles to determine the loss or gain of mpg's. Actually, I don't really care because I hated the drone sound after a 900 mile trip.

I can tell you the car is funner to drive with it turned off.

As for the warranty...well, we'll see.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get a set of 1 7/8" headers and a Dyno tune. Your air intake is not as good as the OEM so I would put the OEM back on or buy a Halltech or Roto Fab. Tell the tuner you want the low octane map over written with the high octane map and you will never have to pull a fuse again. The knock senor will still change your timing if needed. Tell him to turn off the AFM system. Tell him you want the tranny tuned and you will have a whole new car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
should have bought an LS3...
That's a lot of help

You do realize the technical websites make fun of this site for this kind of post.

Guys who figure out how to bust into the 9's with this fat pig don't spend a lot of time thinking about the type of tranny used. They just don't want it to disintegrate getting there.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
That's a lot of help

You do realize the technical websites make fun of this site for this kind of post.

Guys who figure out how to bust into the 9's with this fat pig don't spend a lot of time thinking about the type of tranny used. They just don't want it to disintegrate getting there.
+1 on both of your posts!

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
That's a lot of help

+2 on all your post!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts