Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 2SS M6 ONLY

When dragging I am getting the sticking clutch syndrome. Dealer replaced secondary, clutch pedal and even talked them into a new clutch plate. Still happens. I am told by others go aftermarket. I am making 425 at the wheels. I think I will end up around 600WHP.

Soooo keeping the above in mind which clutch kit should I run with?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
2010 2SS M6 ONLY

When dragging I am getting the sticking clutch syndrome. Dealer replaced secondary, clutch pedal and even talked them into a new clutch plate. Still happens. I am told by others go aftermarket. I am making 425 at the wheels. I think I will end up around 600WHP.

Soooo keeping the above in mind which clutch kit should I run with?
What exactly is happenning?? are u at the track when it happens?

·
JacFab.com
428 Posts
How long since your clutch was replaced, and the hyd. system brake/clutch fluid was changed?

As far as aftermarket goes, I've heard a lot of good things about the Mantic clutches. If/When I have to change the clutch again, I am going with the Mantic MS1002 single disc clutch.

I've heard the Ideal G clutch master cylinder greatly helps with this problem, as well as grinding 3rd. I have one, but I've yet to install it. I also bought the lingenfelter clutch return spring kit, which seems to help also. My sticking clutch problems are few and far between now, and I find that if it happens it's usually because I didn't change the fluid. New fluid, and good to go again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts