Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the GM performance exhaust is probably not going to be available when my car shows up, what after market exhaust are people thinking of installing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was gonna go w/ borla, but saw their ridiculous prices for the 2010 camaro catback... $1.5k!! are they f'n nuts? Price gouging mofos imo. Ill prolly go w/ SLP Loudmouth for catback, or cut outs. But definely want to put in LT's, probably Kooks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a Corsa on my LS1. Loved the sound and got nothing but compliments on it. No idea what the pricing will be on the 5th Gens but they were plenty expensive for the 4th gens. I bought mine used.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I had a Corsa on my LS1. Loved the sound and got nothing but compliments on it. No idea what the pricing will be on the 5th Gens but they were plenty expensive for the 4th gens. I bought mine used.
Same here, definitely Corsa for me, if anything. Those polished dual dual tips rocked on my 2001 Formula. They are developing one for the 5th gen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What kind of HP gain would you see by adding the Catback exhaust, shorty headers, and the cold air intake?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I was gonna go w/ borla, but saw their ridiculous prices for the 2010 camaro catback... $1.5k!! are they f'n nuts? Price gouging mofos imo. Ill prolly go w/ SLP Loudmouth for catback, or cut outs. But definely want to put in LT's, probably Kooks.
$1.5K? I've spent less on entire cars :lol:

I've never liked the Corsa sound on Corvettes personally.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Same here, definitely Corsa for me, if anything. Those polished dual dual tips rocked on my 2001 Formula. They are developing one for the 5th gen.
same here, I have a Corsa exhaust on my current Camaro, dual/dual tips also. Just like they say, quiet when you want it to be but extra super loud when you want :cool:

that's what I'll get if/when I get a new Camaro

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the Loudmouth, but I think I will just take it to my local shop and chop off those monster mufflers on the rear, put some straight pipes on and reuse the tips. They did a great job on the rest of the exhaust from the factory.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
What kind of HP gain would you see by adding the Catback exhaust, shorty headers, and the cold air intake?
I would guess from 8-10 HP for the exhaust *and* intake at the rear wheels. Dyno is the only way to know for sure. Often the numbers aren't near as good as advertised.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would guess from 8-10 HP for the exhaust *and* intake at the rear wheels. Dyno is the only way to know for sure. Often the numbers aren't near as good as advertised.
My 06 gto gained 25hp at the rear wheels with long tubes, catback and cold air intake.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts