Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
what the hell is the point of aftermarket HUD? especially one that still shoots onto the window? they make devices that do all the heads up display does, plus more, in a handheld device.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^
I would assume you mean something like a Diablo and etc..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not think there any tools to tune the V6's at this time.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
im not talking about tuning. they have products that tell speed, g's,0-60, 1/4 mile, rpm...everything the HUD says.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the DiabloSport Trinity. At this time there is no support for the V6 LLT engines.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Looked at the DiabloSport Trinity. At this time there is no support for the V6 LLT engines.
you dont have to hook anything up to the car with what im talking about . you are on a totally different subject. these things( if i can find one ill post it) plug in the cigarette lighter and run on GPS and give you the cars performance data. its not used to tune the engine.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I'm confused...isn't the point of an HUD system to keep your head up? So I was just wondering how a handheld system acts as an HUD if it doesn't reflect on the windshield? [URL="
[/URL]
handheld units mount to the dash or window.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
let me know what you find. But the DiabloSport Trinity does plug in to the OBD II port. I'm sure there is something out there like that does not tune the car. So far I have not come across it.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
yeah i saw the diablo tuner. it does alot of stuff. but what im talkign about does ONLY car stats and basically the dash read out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know Torgue has an HUD mode it reverses the image to reflect off the window, but it is not a projection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts