Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
sounds like a good idea, but coming from years of Turboed cars I can easily say you will not be saving gas. . . Every time you touch the boost and raise it up, you need to dump more fuel in motor or risk melting everything down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a good idea, but coming from years of Turboed cars I can easily say you will not be saving gas. . . Every time you touch the boost and raise it up, you need to dump more fuel in motor or risk melting everything down.
No..actually if you look at the European market and even Japan they all are going turbo to increase HP and MPG, this is not your old Ford Thurnderbird Turbo from the 80's on a 2.3L engine. Even corvette has an impressive aftermarket rear twin turbo.

The new Twin turbos are now the wave of the future for HP and fuel economy

·
Registered
471 Posts
How much would one expect to pay for an aftermarket twin turbo?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Direct injection and turbos go together like stink on ****.

Anyone ever ridden in or drove a Mazdaspeed 6? Same idea, DI, turbo, but on a four cylinder. No turbo lag and it is no longer boost, it's now thrust because the car feels like a jet when you hit that accelerator.

God love the man that can fit turbo(s) on the 3.6L DI V6 and tune the PCM.

·
8,984 Posts
Why just 400 hp.

Hell, if I am not going to have a V8 then I want 600 horses....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Considering how many cars with the proper nudging can reach 400-500... 600 seems capable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think with twin turbos, 400hp is simple..........but a proper well tuned setup can save you mpg while increasing power, just like the supercharger kit for my jeep, it actually improves mpg, and speaking like 1mpg increase, but something along the lines of 2-4mpg increase...........from what I've understood......just an opinion, not a fact but its out there

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I think with twin turbos, 400hp is simple..........but a proper well tuned setup can save you mpg while increasing power, just like the supercharger kit for my jeep, it actually improves mpg, and speaking like 1mpg increase, but something along the lines of 2-4mpg increase...........from what I've understood......just an opinion, not a fact but its out there
I should SC my S-10.
Just for lulz.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
8,984 Posts
Oh you can guarantee there will be a 100 hp TT V6.

I would put money on it!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Oh you can guarantee there will be a 100 hp TT V6.

I would put money on it!
So, adding a Turbo to the V6 removes 100 hp each? Isn't the engine 300 hp to begin with? :D

·
8,984 Posts
So, adding a Turbo to the V6 removes 100 hp each? Isn't the engine 300 hp to begin with? :D
OOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSS, left out a 0.

That should have been 1000HP.:lol::lol::rotflmao:

·
Registered
18 Posts
deffinatly keeping an eye on the aftermarket for these motors.

even though i cant afford a new camaro my plan is to get one of the 3.6di motors to swap into my current toy depnding on how easily they can be swaped and tuned with the additions of a turbo setup.

on a few boards im on were expecting 500 hp to be pretty easy to reach on on of these 3.6 motors

1 - 20 of 125 Posts