Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I HATE the look of the decals on th sun visors in my Camaro... Has anyone else removed them ? Is it against the law (don't know how this would be I forced) I tried to remove them with a blow dryer , but they just will not come off... Any ideas ? Anyone just cover them ? Not a big deal, just looks horrible.. Thanks..mjclemm..:5go:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
they won't come off without leaving a mess.. not sure about the law though..i wouldn't think so

·
Registered
257 Posts
The OLs hair dryer worked for me after over a year of owning it. One side peeled off in 1 swipe, the other came off in chunks. I used my thumbnail to pry.
Just make sure and dont leave the dryer in 1 spot too long or the plastic will get soft.
A little alcohol to wipe away any dried on glue and youre all set.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hello, I HATE the look of the decals on th sun visors in my Camaro... Has anyone else removed them ? Is it against the law (don't know how this would be I forced) I tried to remove them with a blow dryer , but they just will not come off... Any ideas ? Anyone just cover them ? Not a big deal, just looks horrible.. Thanks..mjclemm..:5go:
I tried in vane to get them removed without causing damage to the visor material itself. And this was when the car was only 1 week old! Maybe I should have waited but figured it would be even harder...

I said F it and had some custom ones made:

Reggie is still selling my design on his site:
INTERIOR ACCENT DECAL

Bottom right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I tried in vane to get them removed without causing damage to the visor material itself. And this was when the car was only 1 week old! Maybe I should have waited but figured it would be even harder...

I said F it and had some custom ones made:

Reggie is still selling my design on his site:
INTERIOR ACCENT DECAL

Bottom right. :thumbsup:
how good do those static cling blackout covers work??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those static sticker look like more stickers to me.
I'm just telling what worked for me.and so far havent been pulled over by any LEOs for lack of them. (HAHA)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes tried and removed my sticker on the drivers side on my last Camaro, it left lots of adhesive and found other stickers would not stay stuck on the same spot...so I think the decal covers over the other decals is a good idea.. think I will order some my self!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
where did u get them?? im talking about the rear blackout tailight covers
Sorry, I didn't catch that transition to taillight covers :confused:.

I get all my decal stuff from the guy's site in my previous post. He does custom stuff if you have an idea and the patience....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sorry, I didn't catch that transition to taillight covers :confused:.

I get all my decal stuff from the guy's site in my previous post. He does custom stuff if you have an idea and the patience....
o that link you posted had them on there, they were static cling thought u had a set

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Is it against the law to remove a mattress tag?

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
o that link you posted had them on there, they were static cling thought u had a set
I think you are looking at the wrong part of the page ... it says "decal" ... there were other things that were "cling" things ... is it a sheet of 9 decals or is it just one choice ... the drop downs did not make it clear

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think you are looking at the wrong part of the page ... it says "decal" ... there were other things that were "cling" things ... is it a sheet of 9 decals or is it just one choice ... the drop downs did not make it clear
yea i know and see what u mean, but i was just wondering about those static decals

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
As far as the airbag decals go, in the past I used my wife's blow dryer to heat them up. They came off pretty easy but left a lot of adhesive. I cleaned the adhesive off with "Goo Gone". Let that dry, then clean with alcohol before putting the new decals on.

·
Registered
807 Posts
my Camaro didn't have them...!
Maybe because it's an export car...?

·
Registered
257 Posts
As far as the airbag decals go, in the past I used my wife's blow dryer to heat them up. They came off pretty easy but left a lot of adhesive. I cleaned the adhesive off with "Goo Gone". Let that dry, then clean with alcohol before putting the new decals on.
HAHA Good One, after you get them nice and clean you put more decals on ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts