Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else but I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with a very annoying whining noise that the A/C makes. I took it to the dealership and the guy said the compressor was going out so they replaced it obviously free of charge. Well the new compressor makes the same noise. It is really loud and pronounced in 1st and 2nd gear. Turn off the A/C and there is no noise. Any ideas or help out there? Thanks in advance.

2SS/RS SIM.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
what kind of noise? sometimes mine has a little "gurgle" noise that sounds like it's coming from behind the glove-box.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is really loud and pronounced in 1st and 2nd gear. Turn off the A/C and there is no noise.
Mine is exactly the same, especially in the lower gears. As soon as I turn it off, the noise goes away. The air is cooling just fine, but that **** noise drives me crazy!

·
Registered
240 Posts
what kind of noise? sometimes mine has a little "gurgle" noise that sounds like it's coming from behind the glove-box.
Pretty much what I've got also, except mine sounds like it is more coming from the center vents. I do have the far passenger vent closed most of the time so that might distort the noise.

I'm going to have the AC looked at soon.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Thats what the volume on the radio is for ;) J/K I haven't noticed any abnormal noise from mine. I hope you all get it figured out and taking care of soon...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AC

Mine is exactly the same, especially in the lower gears. As soon as I turn it off, the noise goes away. The air is cooling just fine, but that **** noise drives me crazy!
I agree. The thing that pisses me off about it is that I absolutely love everything else about this car. Far exceeds my expectations and this frigging noise is so annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I haven't noticed a noise yet, but that's probably because I always have the stereo cranked lol

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
I only hear a very minor whine / whistle when my fan knob is by the "I" (first major) setting...the noise goes away if I turn the fan up...mine appears to be fan (interior) related, not compressor (exterior) related...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. My dealer's service dept. heared it as well. It was the A/C compressor. They called Chevy and they were aware of this problem. It took about 3 weeks to get a new compressor, but now it is fine with the new unit. If you guys are having this same problem, take it in to your service dept. The sound was really bad. Good now!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AC

Mine was doing the same thing. My dealer's service dept. heared it as well. It was the A/C compressor. They called Chevy and they were aware of this problem. It took about 3 weeks to get a new compressor, but now it is fine with the new unit. If you guys are having this same problem, take it in to your service dept. The sound was really bad. Good now!!
I already had the air compressor replaced and it is making the same noise. Unreal! I still love the car unconditionally though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts