Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
It all depends on which you learn on and personal preference. Most of the Pilots here at work have personal planes and they have Cessna's however I know 2 other Folks who have pipers.

I dont know if you have your license yet or not however if you do have them what have you flown between the two ? what ever makes you feel more comfortable in go with.

Keep in mind Cessnas have bigger doors, and one on each side ! Pipers are harder to get in and out of.

This question could be the which is better Manual or Automatic question :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
You would have to fly a bunch to overcome the money spent on getting a pilot's license, fuel, maintenance, and hangering a $100k+ aircraft.

Do you fly alone and how fast do you want to get there? A Cessna or Piper flying around 120-140 mph will work just fine in getting you there. If you want to get there faster. "Speed is just a mattter of money. How fast do you wanna go?"

Around 175-200 mph

Commander

Mooney which I think are beautiful aircraft.

Wanna to really pic up some speed? 300+ mph

Pilatus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF7Czd15poc&feature=related

Socata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwVEgfAjbJM

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
just make sure it has a working engine and isn't made of cardboard

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
P-47..

..the original flying tank! :D
The Jug, what the Camaro is to the Mustang (Dur..). :thumbsup:

Gobs of power, a pig (Zeta :rolleyes: ), but it lays a beat down on everything that gets in it's way; then promptly takes a s**t on it.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

Gobs of power, a pig (Zeta :rolleyes: ), but it lays a beat down on everything that gets in it's way; then promptly takes a s**t on it.

You are such a Colorful person...........You need to sell Cars :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

the Jug doesn't take ****s, it makes everything else look like **** by either looking better, or heftily utilizing those 6 .50 cals!

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Wait i need a Pilots license? i like Cessnas...Pipers seems really over priced But im thinking prolly Mooney my brother has a Mooney
I can't believe your brother charges you for flights other than fuel. My brother asks me all the time to come flying in his Cessna 172 just because he likes to fly.

Like I said earlier I love Mooney aircraft. My brother hopes to trade up into one in a few more years.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I can't believe your brother chargers you for flights other than fuel. My brother asks me all the time to come flying in his Cessna 172 just because he likes to fly.

Like I said earlier I love Mooney aircraft. My brother hopes to trade up into one in a few more years.
hey, the car-plane is classified as a "light aircraft" only 20 hours of training needed :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
the Jug doesn't take ****s, it makes everything else look like **** by either looking better, or heftily utilizing those 6 .50 cals!
...That's what I said in a nutshell. 6 .50 Cals = beatdown + taking a s**t to rub it in.

Not to mention slapping some rockets on the hard points to get the point across that "You just suck.. go home." :thumbsup:

If I could, I'd so buy one; however I'd need probably 2-3mil at least if I couldn't find a restorable airframe. If not a Hispano Aviacion HA-1112 '109 build and use it for it's cousin's original purpose: High speed "lookit me!" private transport.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
do both at once!! apparently this is really going into production...

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93804?fp=1
That would be worth its weight in gold. Drive to an airport, fill up, and jump to the airfield closest to where you're going, then drive on from there. That would be perfect for several of my hunting or fishing trips because they are all inside 300 miles of home.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That would be worth its weight in gold. Drive to an airport, fill up, and jump to the airfield closest to where you're going, then drive on from there. That would be perfect for several of my hunting or fishing trips because they are all inside 300 miles of home.
If you like spending 2K on an inspection every 100 hours the craft's been operating (drive OR fly) then be my guest. Otherwise just stick with a car and park the plane in a hangar.

That's the main reason there aren't flying cars. You can thank FAA oversight. It's also why an A&P in many cases gets paid much much more than your run of the mill SAE cert auto mechanic.

It's all finicky details in the aviation world. If a tail light broke on an airplane you'd ground it until it was fixed. On a car, get some duct tape.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts