Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reclusive Akio Toyoda is taking the rare step of waving the family flag, as the scion to Toyota Motor Corp.and#8217;s founding dynasty tries to steer the worldand#8217;s largest car company out of a spiraling safety crisis.

More...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
man, after watching this for just a few minutes... it looks to me like Toyota has totally gotten to LaHood. he has changed his tune quite drastically. not to mention he's kinda being a dick

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
some of these congressmen are soooo clueless. i'm sure it doesn't help that half of them are coming and going out of the hearing and then asking questions about things that were discussed while they were out.

LaHood has already said that Toyota's black boxes use different software than the big 3 and the NHTSA has not been given clearance to check into Toyota's software... and some of these idiots are talking about how they don't think that the big 3 are being held to the same standards as Toyota... making it sound like we are unfairly persecuting Toyota for these problems.

UGH!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
true. i have to go into work in a bit and i'll prolly miss Toyoda's testimony too.

i'll tell ya tho, after watching this for a few hours, LaHood has flip-flopped like a fish. sometimes he seems like he's coming down on toyota and other times he seems like he's backing them up. it seems to depend on the attitude of the congressman asking him the questions. lollz

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Watching this streaming live.. and even though there's probably some underlying attempt to gain sympathy over this..

His oratory skills are pretty **** good. Gotta commend him for going before the board.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
"We pursued growth over the speed at which we were able to develop our people and our organization," Toyoda said in a rare appearance on Capitol Hill. "I regret that this has resulted in the safety issues described in the recalls we face today, and I am deeply sorry for any accidents that Toyota drivers have experienced."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/24/toyota-ceo-appear-house-committee/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
560 Posts
People who say things, and don't know what they are talking about piss me off... Case in point, my roommate said
For any automaker to have responded with such a massive recall and production fixes in such a short amount of time as this should be commended on some level. If your friends drive one of the models and experience the problems, they should find their local Toyota dealer to fix them. It's free.
Then when I go explain to him how false this statement is, aside from it being free, he tries arguing with me and telling me I don't know what I am talking about. That enraged me even more because on this I DO know what I am talking about, I have read the studies and KNOW he hasn't. Once I mentioned this, he shut up!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts