Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a good all season car port. i was thinking of adding a car port to the house but after checking codes, im too close to the property line to build one on the house. so im looking for a temporary one that i can put up and take down whenever. ive seen these ones that are 10wx20dx8t, 3/4 covered for around 450 bucks but im not sure how they hold up in snow. im basically wanting this to keep snow off my plow truck when it gets really bad. please post up and links, pictures, personal experience with these. it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow....not even a stupid comment?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was affraid of..... are there any movable car ports that will hold up to snow? maybe not a tarp roof? any cheap steel garage ports? doesnt have to be 3/4 covered. can just be a roof.

·
Registered
968 Posts
They sell one car metal roof car ports (no sides) here for about $650. I know if you pull the stakes up and 4 people grab a corner each it can be moved. Fits on a wide trailer for distance (needs to be tied down and moved slowly). As for snow Texas doesn't get much. Mine held eight inches for about a week last year. Hope this helps. :) Would have posted of a dumb comment but I couldn't think of any...:rolleyes::lol:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who made that one with the metal roof? I would just use cement screws to anchor it down to the driveway

·
Registered
968 Posts
The one I have came from Carolina Carports. I looked at their web site and they start at 695 and up. Installed.

Carolina Carports, Inc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts