Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does the allocation per dealership include both what will be sent to them plus what they can accept in special orders as well, or are special orders considered a seperate catagory all together? I would think that special orders can just be sent on to GM for them to handle seperately. Am I wrong?

Sean

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are you saying that these orders placed right now have to be paid for upfront? I won't be ready to order my car until next year (maybe march or so). Will this be a more normal time to place an order and get the car with two months with payment being due at delivery?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to ask. I know this may sound like a silly question to ask right now, but as a dealer, is there any room at all to play with the numbers (for a better deal), or is it pretty much msrp or nothing. If not now, do you think this would open up later next year?

·
8,984 Posts
What a great question!:patriot:

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
mmmmmm......allocation includes the sold orders and stock orders (assuming that a dealer does not have enough sold orders to cover the allocation.)

For example:

Dealer A gets 12 Camaros allocated.......

Dealer B gets 10 Camaros allocated.........

If Dealer A only takes 8 sold orders, he will get 4 stock orders that he submits..............

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Called 2 dealers outside the city, one had 3 allocations (2 left) and he said MSRP. The other one only had one, and at least he was straight up, and he said they were going to get $5000 over sticker. I told him good luck, but I was going to get one for MSRP.

·
Registered
82 Posts
it's my understanding that there will be 60,000 units manufactured the first year...if you take the number of dealers in the us and canada and the 60,000 number....there's going to be alot more customers than cars...hence, alot of unhappy customers....

.......................THESE ARE MY OPINIONS........................................

have to say that...some people don't like what i have to offer..

if the market is really hot in some areas of the country, then it's entirely possible that premiums will be put on top of the msrp...it's simply supply and demand...not all dealers in hot markers will do it...but some will.

one last bit of advice: cool your jets...wait some time and see the car before you order it...see what the quality of the car is like...it's a brand new production line on a brand new car..that should be cause for some concern, agian:

these are my opinions.

jackg
06 sts6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts