Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It feels kinda weird owning a mopar and being on a camaro forum.......are there any other Mopar guys around?

Maybe anyone with a nieghbor that's a mopar guy?

If so, what mopars do you have?

I have a 96 dakota (see sig)

And my parents have an 02 durango, and an 07 ram 3500 flatbed

My grandparents also drive a 300c.....

LOLz....there is some Chevy in the family though...my brother has a 94 Beretta z26,
My other grandbarents are 100% buick, and my uncle used to be parts manager at the local chevy dealer for 25(or so) years......

So.......post em up folks!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok....quick sidetrack on the wheels......

I would not have picked 20s, but a guy on a local mopar form dropped by a thread where I was talking about doing different rims/tires, and I was set on 17s.......I even have a set of tires in the garage that were given to me for 17s.....

Buuuuutttttt......this guy asked if I wanted a set of 20s....I said I would consider it, for the right price....he said come to my house and get them outta my crawlspace, they are yours.....I was like you mean you are giving them to me? He said yep......come on over and we can throw em on your truck......

So for $0 are they a bit more appealing?? LOLz

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always loved Dodge but i love American Cars so I dont see it weird to be on a Camaro Forum... Easier to find than a Hemi Cuda Forum
LOL......well, how about this....I am on 3 dodge truck forums, a chicago mopar forum, AND this forum.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our family hauler, and hauler of anything, RV/boat/trailer etc. is a 08 Dodge Durango Adventurer. It is very nice, very capable, and we like it a lot. It is our third Durango. We have had a 98, 04, and now the 08. The 5.7L Hemi is a very nice piece of machinery.

In fact, I went out looking for Challenger RT the day I bought my Camaro. The Challenger is great car in its own right. But to even start competing with the Camaro, you have to pony up the cash for an SRT and the added insurance the letters "SRT" brings with it, and even then, well, I am sure you have read the reviews. I am sure I would have been perfectly happy with a Challenger RT if I had not driven the Camaro. I think the Challenger is an awesome tribute to the Challenger of old. Great looking car...

Rob

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
yep, my dad's brand new dodge ram was great until it blew 3 transmissions in 2 years.. ;)

dad's done a hell of a lot more in the 7 years he's had his Silverado 2500 hd than he ever tried with that big dodge, and guess which one never broke?

i love the chally, but i'm somewhat jaded with dodge trucks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep, my dad's brand new dodge ram was great until it blew 3 transmissions in 2 years.. ;)

dad's done a hell of a lot more in the 7 years he's had his Silverado 2500 hd than he ever tried with that big dodge, and guess which one never broke?

i love the chally, but i'm somewhat jaded with dodge trucks.
I will give that the tranny and U joints are complete garbage on the newer rams.....dads ram is going in for the second set of U joints in 50k miles tomorrow.........

However, I am somewhat jaded against chevy trucks....our last truck was a chevy 3500hd.....was on the hook as much as it was on the road.....in the 140k mi we had it, we went thru 5 fuel pumps, 3 sets of injectors, 3 oil cooler lines, 2 steering boxes....etc.......

But, to each his own!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, yes.....that's Mom's brother! I am sure you have seen his challenger? That's a sweet car!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have a Dakota that my father drives, but my daily driver is a Mustang. I'm a lover of American cars. Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet, they all have a place in my heart.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Haha, yes.....that's Mom's brother! I am sure you have seen his challenger? That's a sweet car!
Is his the Black Challenger one I see in town sometimes?
All I ever see him driving is some Honda from the dealer LOL.

He and I are on the same village committee, I'll see him Tuesday night!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi here. It is my Daily Driver. Looking to add a Charger R/T to the stable to replace a 93 Cadillac as a spare car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is his the Black Challenger one I see in town sometimes?
All I ever see him driving is some Honda from the dealer LOL.

He and I are on the same village committee, I'll see him Tuesday night!
No, he has a fully restored either 70 or 71 Sunshine yellow Challenger with a black Corbeau top........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts