Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys... i am new in the forum...i am from greece and i declare i am in love with the new camaro 2009!!!:roxor: i would like to ask about a rumour i herd here in europe...will this car also wear a 2.0 lt turbo engine? thanks and good posts...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Welcome!

No the Camaro won't come with the 2.0T, but it does have A 3.6L Direct-Injected V6 with 300 horepower and two 6.2L V8's with 400-422 horsepower. That's good enough, right?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I think it should be, just so the huggers of trees have less to complain about.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hello guys... i am new in the forum...i am from greece and i declare i am in love with the new camaro 2009!!!:roxor: i would like to ask about a rumour i herd here in europe...will this car also wear a 2.0 lt turbo engine? thanks and good posts...
I welcome you to the forum and am very glad to share our enthusiasm with the Europeans and everyone around the world.
As others have posted it is rumored that the 2.0 may make it into the Camaro in 2011.
I personally am hoping to see it make its debut in the base model convertible becuase I plan to pick up one of those as well to match my 2009 hardtop.;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
the mules were tested with turbo fours but the gain in fuel economy and the parity in the performance arena didn't justify the production of a 4 banger.

the camaro is too heavy by 400 pounds and that limited the engineers as to what power plant (base wise) they could use and still meet the fuel economy and performance criteria they were shooting for.

if the car had been brought in at 32/3300 lbs, then the 2.8 version of the di 3.6 might have been an option, better f/e numbers and better handling with lessweight up fornt.

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think it should be, just so the huggers of trees have less to complain about.
If the gas here would be as cheap as it is in the US, we all also would buy those fat V8 engines, but now, de 98octane gas is on 1.99CHF per litre wich is 6.96$ per gallon:eek:... what would you buy then??

·
Registered
60 Posts
oh, are there any guesses about the gas mileage of the engines??

how much will this cylinder shutting down thing save??

·
Registered
198 Posts
oh, are there any guesses about the gas mileage of the engines??

how much will this cylinder shutting down thing save??
on GM's Camaro website, www.chevy.com/camaro/

Based on GM Testing 3.6L DI VVT V6 estimated MPG 26 highway, and 6.2L (L99) V8 estimated MPG 23 highway, and 6.2L (L99) V8 estimated MPG 23 highway. Official EPA estimates not yet available.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Remember these figures are for the Automatics, most Europeans drive manuals and there cars have less smog controls so that market should have better fuel economy.

My estimate for the US V-6 "manual" 6 speed is hopefully 18/29 maybe 30MPG
The V-8 "manual" 6 speed will be the LS3 so I estimate that at 13/21 MPG.
Standard transmission vehicles will always get better mileage than a comparibly equipped automatic vehicle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Remember these figures are for the Automatics, most Europeans drive manuals and there cars have less smog controls so that market should have better fuel economy.

My estimate for the US V-6 "manual" 6 speed is hopefully 18/29 maybe 30MPG
The V-8 "manual" 6 speed will be the LS3 so I estimate that at 13/21 MPG.
well, if the gas consumption is that high, i won't buy a camaro....

This would be my car then:

Volkswagen (very good reliablity), W8 engine, 275hb (enough for a maximum of 120Km/h), 30mpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts