Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe im alone on this one, but the more i see pictures and animations of the ambient lighting, more it looks like a tacky add-on from auto zone. I got a 2SS RS with all the goodies and i think that means the lighting strip comes in there automatically even though i didnt specifically order it. What am i looking at as far as turning the lighting strip off... is there a fuse im gonna be able to pull?

·
Registered
313 Posts
the light strip will be way more subtle in reality.. compared to the pics/animation
and you can dim it off..

but I think when most customers see it in real life they will like how subtle and integrated into the design it is.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd love to have the ambient lighting but it looks like I'm gonna have to get the 1LT.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
right now the ambient lighting is a questionable item. Engineers are still trying to make sure it is going to be legal and work properly. So you may not have to worry about yet, if it does not get passed by engineering. We are supposed to know by the Dec. when the orders are to be picked up and finalized.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think I'd mind having the lighting in mine...but man, I really would like to have red. Otherwise I'm just going to have to find a way to rip the car apart and fix it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was going to question legality. For a fact, here in Missouri, and most states, you can have neither red or blue interior lighting visible from the outside, unless your an emergency vehicle, or police officer. I've been pulled over for it more than once, having the LED's in my sub-box lit up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts