Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder why the Ambient lighting video's were pulled? :confused:

Did I miss why they are no longer up? I know a few sites still show them, but the main Chevy one is gone (and possibly a thread?)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I saw that the other day and was wondering the samething.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Was it that same video with the HUD? Maybe because HUD won't be ready, they pulled it.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Was it that same video with the HUD? Maybe because HUD won't be ready, they pulled it.

That might be a reasonable explanation. GM doesn't want thousands of potential buyers sitting on the sidelines waiting on HUD. They want these people going in early and buying Camaros.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe they need a portable HUD. Then someone can rock it in their Camaro AND Aveo. Just a thought (its HOT and slow at the dealership today)!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I imagine that it's because, at launch, Ambient Lighting may or may not (Most likely not) be available.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That might be a reasonable explanation. GM doesn't want thousands of potential buyers sitting on the sidelines waiting on HUD. They want these people going in early and buying Camaros.
Then don't tease us with something that many may want but won't be available until later. I want a convertible, so I got to wait anyway. Might as well wait for the other stuff too.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
electro luminescent

Like neon lighting but very thing and flexible, composed of a copper wire, when applied with electricity creates various colors depending on the build-up,
http://www.glowire.com/photo_gallery.htm

It is very flexible and has many uses
Interesting product. I could see that used as an alternative to the factory ambient lighting option. Creatively installed, it would look very nice.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I am curious where the moderators are on this thread. Usually they have answers.
I have no idea why GM pulled the videos featuring the ambient lighting option. Not to pass the buck, but maybe one of the focus group members can 'ask around' on their end.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.