Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Axle strike tips U.S. nearer recession as GM, suppliers idle workers

At the beginning of this year, it seemed like Detroit's great labor battles were over, after industry-changing deals at the Detroit automakers and the likes of parts giant Delphi Corp.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
best quote from the article:

Yeah boseefus poor AAM workers, while the rest of are forced to watch this whole mess. We also are forced to come to the understanding that "OUR" lives are being bankrupt as well. Cause we have been forced to be laid-off from "OUR" $10.00, $11.00 and $14.00 an hour jobs, in union and non-union shops, while you and the UAW decide what is fair for y'all. What about what is fair for the rest of us too? Don't we have the right to pay our bills and live our lives too? Or is it just the UAW Detroit autoworker who has that right? I guess we will never know for sure the answer to that question cause no one is going to talk about that. Just how bad it is for the poor AAM workers who are being asked to live where the rest of us live.....and actual "HONEST WAGE FOR AN HONEST DAYS WORK"
That is the problem I have with the UAW..they are hurting MILLIONS because of this strike and they dont get any 200 dollar strike pay..they get nothing..and they were getting paid 1/2 what the guy said was his 27 dollar an hour pay..I am sure many workers there deserve thier 27 bucks..but its a point of having a job or taking a pay cut to keep a job.
and dnot tell me this is all over what the CEO wont disclose?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
American Axle asks laid-off workers to come back

DETROIT -- American Axle and Manufacturing Holdings Inc. has sent letters to workers who had been laid off before a strike at the auto parts maker began, asking them to return to work.

More...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strikebound American Axle places help-wanted ads

DETROIT -- American Axle and Manufacturing Holdings Inc., idled for more than a month by a United Auto Workers strike, advertised in Sunday newspapers for potential replacement workers.

More...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
And that's how it should be. "Don't wanna work? Fine!"
I think they should One-Up that. Just start hiring people and don't re-hire the Union guys at all. That would put an end to all these strikes.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Laid off workers join strikers at American Axle

Laid off workers at American Axle & Manufacturing officially joined the UAW's strike at the supplier, nearly five weeks after the work stoppage started.

More...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stakes rising in American Axle strike

American Axle & Manufacturing, undergoing a strike by the UAW, has received hundreds of applications in response to its newspaper ads Sunday seeking new hires for its Detroit plant.

More...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Strike threatens Malibu, Lordstown plant:

General Motors will have to shut production by mid-April of its hot-selling Chevrolet Malibu if supplier American Axle and Manufacturing Holdings Inc. can’t end a strike by the UAW, a UAW official said today.

More...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
American Axle gives up information to spark negotiations

In what could be a turning point in the UAW's five-week strike at American Axle & Manufacturing, the company said it has provided the information that the union had demanded.

More...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts