Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was digging around some G8 boards looking for existing performance goodies for the LS3 and I came across these. Another reason I like these is the company is only a few miles from my house....can you say 'BETA BIOTCH"?:D

There seemed to be a lot of positive input about them and they appear to be a great quality system. I'm sure we'll see quite a few more products from SEMA and GMPP before our cars roll off the line.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I wish I could goto SEMA. Kooks already has a header and exhaust system out as well.

There should be a strong aftermarket for the 5th Gen. Companies already making products for the G8 should have a little jump on the rest.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
looks like a nice setup...any idea how much $$?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I will only buy Kooks or Hooker. I prefer Kooks on late models however if I had to go hooker then I probably would after looking into a few things.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The $1700 is the entire system:headers, high flow cats, and full cat back.
i guess that's not bad...I'm just not used to late-model performance parts prices:eek: I'm used to regular-ole-SBC/BBC prices. For my last car I paid $1700 for a complete 6-71 setup w/ carbs.:roxor:

But you gotta pay-to-play:homer:

·
Registered
68 Posts
ARH, Kooks and QTP are the top dawgs for the 4th gen. camaro's and more so since they're all stainless. im sure "steel" companies will come out with a setup soon here for the lower budget users... I will be placing an order on a system w/ an off road x-pipe :D

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ARH, Kooks and QTP are the top dawgs for the 4th gen. camaro's and more so since they're all stainless. im sure "steel" companies will come out with a setup soon here for the lower budget users... I will be placing an order on a system w/ an off road x-pipe :D
You and me both, brother!:roxor:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ARH def has some high quality stuff...one of the best for quality and performance IMHO (although I have KOOKS on my SS, I wouldn't be afraid to buy ARH). I'll be buying whoever is first to market between ARH and KOOKS.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I was digging around some G8 boards looking for existing performance goodies for the LS3 and I came across these. Another reason I like these is the company is only a few miles from my house....can you say 'BETA BIOTCH"?:D

There seemed to be a lot of positive input about them and they appear to be a great quality system. I'm sure we'll see quite a few more products from SEMA and GMPP before our cars roll off the line.

smexy!:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok heres what im looking for. I need some suggestions...

Im gonna be putting together a sleeper SS A6, and by sleeper i mean i want it to be at factory decibels or very close to that until i open up the electric cutout.
I want to put on some LT's and x-pipe and electric cutout for when i don't mind opening it up and hearing it scream but When the cutout is closed, I want it back to sleeper. Is this a realistic idea, or is it going to be significantly louder with LT's and x pipe?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have them and they were 1st for the G8, way ahead of KOOKS and JBA. I use them in all my builds and their customer service is hands down the best I have seen with any header/exhaust manufacturer.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Ok heres what im looking for. I need some suggestions...

Im gonna be putting together a sleeper SS A6, and by sleeper i mean i want it to be at factory decibels or very close to that until i open up the electric cutout.
I want to put on some LT's and x-pipe and electric cutout for when i don't mind opening it up and hearing it scream but When the cutout is closed, I want it back to sleeper. Is this a realistic idea, or is it going to be significantly louder with LT's and x pipe?
then just keep everything stock except headers and xpipe i recommend kooks or LG they have great product....and if your running headers on the stock mufflers no one will know your coming.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i just realized after looking at the pic of the ARH's that im going to have to install 2 cutouts because the pipes never come back to one. Is this correct? do we have an undercarriage pic of the pipes on the SS?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts