Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Wish I would have read the summary, but I read the whole thing. I like seeing people stand up fro injustice. And when they do it right, like that, and try not to break any rules, it works nicely. I hope APS loses the contract. Can't believe they booted cars on the first infraction. That's just wrong.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I'll summarize....

Dude lives in a townhouse complex. Lived a year before they hired a company to control the parking. Basically sold the parking spaces. He parked in the same spot with his rearview mirror pass displayed. One day, forgot to hang it (but it was still in view), and his car got boots put on it. He was about to garage it anyways, so he got dollies and pushed it into his garage, and called the company and said they could come get their boots. They said $140 to take them off. He said, I don't care, leave 'em, then. But if you want to come get them, I give you permission to come get them.

So they called the cops, and the cops said he didn't break the law. HOA got involved, and parking company is trying to sue him, meanwhile taking out frustrations on others, booting cars that park on the line, or don't display passes. No warnings, just boots on the cars, and $140 to come get them off. So wrong.

It's still not completely settled, but I think the parking company will probably lose the contract. Dude is trying to get the media involved and start petitions. Contract said that people should get 2 warnings, then boot. They were doing boots on 1st offense.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'll summarize....

Dude lives in a townhouse complex. Lived a year before they hired a company to control the parking. Basically sold the parking spaces. He parked in the same spot with his rearview mirror pass displayed. One day, forgot to hang it (but it was still in view), and his car got boots put on it. He was about to garage it anyways, so he got dollies and pushed it into his garage, and called the company and said they could come get their boots. They said $140 to take them off. He said, I don't care, leave 'em, then. But if you want to come get them, I give you permission to come get them.

So they called the cops, and the cops said he didn't break the law. HOA got involved, and parking company is trying to sue him, meanwhile taking out frustrations on others, booting cars that park on the line, or don't display passes. No warnings, just boots on the cars, and $140 to come get them off. So wrong.

It's still not completely settled, but I think the parking company will probably lose the contract. Dude is trying to get the media involved and start petitions. Contract said that people should get 2 warnings, then boot. They were doing boots on 1st offense.

Thanks for the summary. I started reading the thread but my brain started to melt.:confused: I think I would have busted out the plasma cutters and started cutting everyones boots off.

I got one of those super-glue-no parking-stickers plastered on my window for parking in an employee lot at a golf outting once...messed up thing was that I was an employee...I wanted to break someone's legs I was so pissed.:BangHead:

·
Registered
330 Posts
that was the funniest thread i have ever read in my life!! awesome

love it when someone has the guts to stick it to 'da man... they were so in the wrong (just another of the many MANY people or companies out to rape you all dry)

if that is what a homeowners association is about (or would stand for, even worse pay for....) then they can keep their 350,000 house that you will still pay rent for after you buy.

im sure they are not all like that, buy why take a chance. id rather own my property outright and deal with my own parking.

out for now, but in the meanwhile, putting newly purchased car dolly's in camaro trunk :p

*i bet this was all a scam ...he owns the patent on the car dolly and just sold35,000 of them hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
After wheeling the carin I would have just cut the boot and put it where they put it on at then told them they were littering.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I would take them off everyones car and at night, boot the parking company's vehicles and weld the locks and hinges on.

Teach them its not okay to mess with Adam West.

·
Registered
330 Posts
thats awesome lol

boot the booter ..all 4 tires

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Operation: Das Boot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts