Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
I think I am going to print it out and leave a copy on the tank, so I can read and re-read this.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
That was cool. I finally learned the answer to something that had been rattling around in my head for a long time: 6.2L = 376 cubic inches. It's bugged me for years. Stupid metric system. I like my displacement described in cubic inches, as God intended.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
That was cool. I finally learned the answer to something that had been rattling around in my head for a long time: 6.2L = 376 cubic inches. It's bugged me for years. Stupid metric system. I like my displacement described in cubic inches, as God intended.
LOL! Like you, I refer to my motors in cubic inches most of the time. The metric system is here to stay, so we need to 'conform':confused:.

Try this: 1 liter = 61.0237441 cubic inches;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
A little confusing, is the LS3 and L99 the same motor? Just the L99 has the AFM.Im torn between man or auto, because the wife likes driving the auto. I just want the POWER.If the L99 can be tuned ill give in to the auto.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
A little confusing, is the LS3 and L99 the same motor? Just the L99 has the AFM.Im torn between man or auto, because the wife likes driving the auto. I just want the POWER.If the L99 can be tuned ill give in to the auto.
Yes, they are the same motors with the exception of the AFM components on the L99. The difference in power is more than likely due to a milder cam to work with the collapsible lifters of the AFM system. That doesn't mean the cam can't be changed and still work within the design parameters of the AFM lifters. There will be little if any power differences between the two motors with proper tuning.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
After re-reading the whole article A-G-A-I-N, I've come to the conclusion that it will be safe to spray a 200 shot!:roxor: Time to order my 'two' bottle bracket!

I will be kicked off the track for dipping below the NHRA 11.50 rule without a 5 point roll bar.:D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
After re-reading the whole article A-G-A-I-N, I've come to the conclusion that it will be safe to spray a 200 shot!:roxor: Time to order my 'two' bottle bracket!

I will be kicked off the track for dipping below the NHRA 11.50 rule without a 5 point roll bar.:D
Not if they keep shortening the tracks. We'll all be below 11.50. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
makes you rethink future internal mods...

new intake? not needed
new heads? not needed
port/polish? not needed
cam? perhaps but really not needed (but I love the sound of a big cam)

the only thing I can think of is a cold air kit and a set of good quality after market headers (reusing the great factory gaskets) and full exhaust.

Otherwise put the LS9 supercharger or turbo kit on it and be done!

wow I want the LS3 now!!:D

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
makes you rethink future internal mods...

new intake? not needed
new heads? not needed
port/polish? not needed
cam? perhaps but really not needed (but I love the sound of a big cam)

the only thing I can think of is a cold air kit and a set of good quality after market headers (reusing the great factory gaskets) and full exhaust.

Otherwise put the LS9 supercharger or turbo kit on it and be done!

wow I want the LS3 now!!:D
it really dose make you think... it is so finly tuned it would seem like a crime to mess with it... but o well

SC, cams, headers, full exhaust, intake, suspention stuff, and all the burnt rubber i can afford... maybe a 100shot???

·
Registered
102 Posts
That was cool. I finally learned the answer to something that had been rattling around in my head for a long time: 6.2L = 376 cubic inches.
I was curious about that too. I used a converter and it comes to 378.3 CID. That's assuming it is exactly 6.2 liters.

That's why I also like cubic inches. A small overbore might not even be indicated just by using tenths of liters.

So, we really should calling the LS3 a 6.16 liter! :screwy:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh it can be tuned.
Good article by GM High Performance Mag on a Pontiac G8 with cold air and tune by a shop in New Jersey I think called Tuner Performance and they got the G8 to run 13.1 on stock tires. Ran a 13.6 with 250 miles on motor.

Anyway great article on LS3!!!:patriot:

thanks,
Jim

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.