Modern Camaro Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
TTT for the new girls.

·
Registered
51 Posts
does anyone have an indepth analysis on the L99?....some say its the same engine....what changes did they make to it if any? wasnt the L99 in the old cop cars?... having a corvette engine sounds so much better.. im still torn between manual vs Auto...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Its the tranny i dusted my buddy off the line, the new autos are sick, getting it tuned soon so it will shift even better

·
Registered
4 Posts
High oil temp?

Last week I was at VIR for two days the air temp was 95 plus. My oil temp after a run was 275 is that too high? Should I have used 15/50 oil instead of 5/30. My water temp was about 195.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Last week I was at VIR for two days the air temp was 95 plus. My oil temp after a run was 275 is that too high? Should I have used 15/50 oil instead of 5/30. My water temp was about 195.
not sure about the oil temp (I'll check and see what mine is at today)...but the water temp is about right for stock. I'd stick with the recommended mobil 1 5w30. With a 160 t-stat, mine runs around 180-185 on a hot day, so you may want to consider that if you want to drop your temps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry this might be a stupid qustion but I'm a little confused about the "six-bolt, sintered steel main bearing caps." would that be in other words 6-bolt main? I've heard of 4 bolt main being the big deal for running high hp, I've never heard of this...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts