Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, but who would want it? I can't imagine with gas prices and efficiency being the main focus right now, that Hummer sales even happen. So who would want to buy a brand that is not selling, and probably won't sell anytime soon?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I heard that even though noone here will buy hummers b/c of gas prices that it is still making GM a lot of money from international sales

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I think GM should keep Hummer.

It's already a pretty integrated brand, and with the H3T and H4 (or HX) coming out, they have some nice fresh product.
Sure they have to address a gas mileage issue, but honestly - who doesn't?

Some of the new diesels GM is coming out with would work out nicely for Hummer IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I think GM should keep Hummer.

It's already a pretty integrated brand, and with the H3T and H4 (or HX) coming out, they have some nice fresh product.
Sure they have to address a gas mileage issue, but honestly - who doesn't?

Some of the new diesels GM is coming out with would work out nicely for Hummer IMO.
Yeah, Hummer was originally a diesel only, then when GM bought it, they changed it to gas. I think it should go back. Diesel is well-known for heavy duty, and Hummer should go back to that, instead of soccer-mom usage. Instead of Hummer going from niche vehicle to blending in with main stream, it should move back to niche again. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I was just talking to a guy I know who has family in the Middle east....Hummers & Tahoes are flying off the lot.....but then again, he said gas was abuot $2.25 a gallon there......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts