Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if you were say, in Japan??? They actually have some different options too.

First, an SS/RS will cost you about $59k right out of the gate. Add $1,331.15 for sunroof. Doesn't include a "recycling fee" though. Appears they only have two models, the LT or SS and both have the RS package and it appears it's only automatic.

Painted V8 Engine Cover? No problem.

Now fork over $381.99!!!

21" wheel? Just the wheel. $1,018.68...EACH

$324.11 for splash guards, your choice of colors!

Like cool looking floormats? How about these:

A paltry $520.89 list price!

Appears they have a GPS system (due to no OnStar). Or how about a rear camera setup? Not sure I'd like that screen hanging out all the time though.

Good thing though is all taxes are included in the price!

Don't have a clue what all this guy says though but shows off the rear camera option:

More info at:

http://www.chevrolet.co.jp/camaro/

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
What if you were say, in Japan??? They actually have some different options too.

First, an SS/RS will cost you about $59k right out of the gate. Add $1,331.15 for sunroof. Doesn't include a "recycling fee" though. Appears they only have two models, the LT or SS and both have the RS package and it appears it's only automatic.

Painted V8 Engine Cover? No problem.

Now fork over $381.99!!!

21" wheel? Just the wheel. $1,018.68...EACH

$324.11 for splash guards, your choice of colors!

Like cool looking floormats? How about these:

A paltry $520.89 list price!

Appears they have a GPS system (due to no OnStar). Or how about a rear camera setup? Not sure I'd like that screen hanging out all the time though.

Good thing though is all taxes are included in the price!

Don't have a clue what all this guy says though but shows off the rear camera option:

The rear camera option looks aftermarket to me, but it also provides gps nav, so that's nice. The only part I had no trouble understanding was when he said "gorilla".

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i like the rearview camera, if it could be used on one of them rear view mirror screens.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
thats the price you pay for a car that has to be shipped over seas. why do you think import cars (that arent made here) are so pricey? most import cars, you can getthem cheaper whereever they are made.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats the price you pay for a car that has to be shipped over seas. why do you think import cars (that arent made here) are so pricey? most import cars, you can getthem cheaper whereever they are made.
The car price isn't so much the deal. It's the parts! I remember when I got my candy corn taillights for my 4th gen from my brother-in-law's brother when he was in Japan...$50-ish for that big box through FedEx. Which to me, wasn't all that bad. So yeah, the equivalent of $500+ for one set of floor mats, for example, seems a bit extreme to me.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts