Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
just picked up a "Driod2-Global"....so I'm searching as well. Already addicted to "Fruit Ninja".

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
There are a lot of great apps

Tango... sort of like video chat that the i phone has

Google sky map...shows you where all the plantets, stars, etc... just hold your phone up to the nights sky

Advance task killer is a must have...saves battery

Apps organizer is also very nice

Pandora is great radio

PdaNet lets you hook up your phone to a laptop and use your phone for the computers internet

Scanner Radio is just a fun app when you get bored

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a lot of great apps

Tango... sort of like video chat that the i phone has

Google sky map...shows you where all the plantets, stars, etc... just hold your phone up to the nights sky

Advance task killer is a must have...saves battery

Apps organizer is also very nice

Pandora is great radio

PdaNet lets you hook up your phone to a laptop and use your phone for the computers internet

Scanner Radio is just a fun app when you get bored
Thanks I'll check those out as soon as I get my phone. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Definitely going to want a "task manager" program, there are plenty of good free ones. Use it to shut down all the background apps that keep trying to run and kill your battery life. Also if you have a Camaro or other newer GM car/truck, the Onstar app is pretty cool.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sorry just noticed that CamaroChic made the same suggestion on the task manager, so I just second her suggestion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the Android community. I have the HTC EVO and love it. You can spend hours looking through the market. Here is what I have installed on my phone, most I use...

App Brain - gives you a backup list of installed apps so that if anything happens to your phone you don't have to guess at what you had installed. Very handy especially if you plan on rooting the phone and installing a different ROM on it.
YouMail - voicemail application.
ThinkFree Office - alot like MS Office for your phone.
Google Maps
Gas Buddy
Torch - you can use your phones camera LED as a flash light for a short period of time.
Google goggles
Latitude
Periodic table
Pandora radio
Zedge wallpaper and ringtone application
Dolphin Browser HD
AK notepad
3d Compass Lite
9s-weather
Accuweather
Agenda Widget - calendar app
Amazon MP3
Angry birds
AVG antivirus
Bookmarks to SD
Calculator
Convert Pad
Google Earth viewer
fring - video chat
Google sky map
Motor Trend app
NASA astronomy picture of the day
NASA news
NASCAR news
Newegg app
Photoshop express
Pocket DJ
Printer Share
QIK - another video chat program
Scanner radio
ShopSavvy - barcode reader
Speedview - cool GPS speedometer
W&Y pages
Weatherbug
All of the above apps are available for free. Some of these apps you will not need if you leave your phone stock. However I rooted mine and changed to the Cyanogen CM6 ROM. These do not have all of the normal applications in them so I had to find things like a calendar, clock and weather application.

A couple other apps to look at that aren't free but very useful are PhoneMyPC which allows you to access your desktop PC from your phone. And PhoneLocator Pro which allows you to find your phone if it is lost or stolen.

David

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Android community. I have the HTC EVO and love it. You can spend hours looking through the market. Here is what I have installed on my phone, most I use...

App Brain - gives you a backup list of installed apps so that if anything happens to your phone you don't have to guess at what you had installed. Very handy especially if you plan on rooting the phone and installing a different ROM on it.
YouMail - voicemail application.
ThinkFree Office - alot like MS Office for your phone.
Google Maps
Gas Buddy
Torch - you can use your phones camera LED as a flash light for a short period of time.
Google goggles
Latitude
Periodic table
Pandora radio
Zedge wallpaper and ringtone application
Dolphin Browser HD
AK notepad
3d Compass Lite
9s-weather
Accuweather
Agenda Widget - calendar app
Amazon MP3
Angry birds
AVG antivirus
Bookmarks to SD
Calculator
Convert Pad
Google Earth viewer
fring - video chat
Google sky map
Motor Trend app
NASA astronomy picture of the day
NASA news
NASCAR news
Newegg app
Photoshop express
Pocket DJ
Printer Share
QIK - another video chat program
Scanner radio
ShopSavvy - barcode reader
Speedview - cool GPS speedometer
W&Y pages
Weatherbug
All of the above apps are available for free. Some of these apps you will not need if you leave your phone stock. However I rooted mine and changed to the Cyanogen CM6 ROM. These do not have all of the normal applications in them so I had to find things like a calendar, clock and weather application.

A couple other apps to look at that aren't free but very useful are PhoneMyPC which allows you to access your desktop PC from your phone. And PhoneLocator Pro which allows you to find your phone if it is lost or stolen.

David
:thumbsup: Thanks Man, that's a hell of a list.

The phone is scheduled for UPS delivery on Thursday, I'm really looking forward to it getting here :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts