Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my fellow enthusiasts of ModernCamaro.com:

After much prayer, thought and careful consideration, I have decided to step aside as the owner of ModernCamaro.com
And I am pleased to announce the transfer of ownership of Moderncamaro.com to the AutoGuide.com group!

Over about the past year or so - as many of you have noticed - I have not done many site improvements, additions, or promotion, simply because I haven't had the time.
As a result, the site is stale, less busy, and even suffering many server attacks due to the old software.
That's where AutoGuide comes in - they'll take over the ownership, server/site upgrades, vendor relationships, promotion, all of that stuff I haven't had time for.

Rather than see the site dwindle into nothing, I feel that it's best for the future of ModernCamaro.com to have someone take over who can properly run things. :)

AutoGuide is a group of young automotive enthusiasts supported by a strong organization.
They specialize in running successful auto-related communities, and they have the staff, technology, and resources that can support the needs of Moderncamaro.com, where I no longer could.

Let me tell you - from personal experience - AutoGuide is really really great to work with!
Their goal is to maintain the atmosphere of the site and grow it... the same goal I always had! :thumbsup:

Now, that all being said...
Don't think I'm gonna disappear - because I'm not going anywhere! :)
I will still be here as an Administrator, so my level of activity here will not change!

YES! - you can still come to me with suggestions and requests!
YES! - you can still ask me questions about the site... and Camaro questions too of course!
YES! - all of our existing staff are staying!
All of that remains! :cool:

I want to thank each of you for your support of the Camaro community and ModernCamaro.com.
This is a great place, and I'm excited about our future here!

Finally, please join me in welcoming AutoGuide and our new Administrator, Helena!

:mcc:

·
Administrator
382 Posts
As you have read above, Autoguide.com has come to an agreement with Tim and will now be the owners of ModernCamaro.com. We here at autoguide.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the recourses necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and Tim to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

To let you know we have upgraded the software the site runs on, this will help keep the site reliable and functioning. You may notice some changes but these may just be transfer errors and please let us know so we can fix them as soon as possible.

My name is Helena, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only Autoguide.com member to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in ModernCamaro.com life.

Thank you all for reading.
Helena

·
Registered
127 Posts
:eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Helena as you can see this is a group who is very devoted to Camaro's and other Gm products however you have to have a sense of humor to deal with some of "US" :lol:

IMO its nice to have fun however keep it real at the same time.

Again welcome and glad to be a supporting member :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Welcome Helena.:thumbsup:

Thank you goes out to Tim for making this site what it is...:5go:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i'm very optimistic to see how this site becomes even better!

i have some suggestions:

more emoticons/smilies :clown:

some type of spam blocker when registering for an account... too many spammers coming in and posting junk frequently.
FAIR advertising costs for our sponsors! we do not want to run them off of this camaro site also! :lookandleave:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome! Thanks Tim for all of your hard work and giving us such a great site!!!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
these arent the guys that run " other" camaro sites are they? ....and welcome! tim, i always thought you did a great job! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 190 Posts